Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
menopause symptoms

Posted by Trufflesjourney (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 28, 11 at 8:48

Thank you for this site! I thought I was completely losing my mind. I looked up the 35 symptoms of menopause and think I am having 34 of them. I thought I was dying of something serious until I looked up the symptoms. I am allergic to tons of foods, now. I have been having terrible night sweats. I feel like I can't stand up because I am going to fall down. I am dizzy and feel like I am having panic attacks all the time. My doctor thinks I am a hypochondriac. Once I looked up the symptoms, it all began to make sense. I hate this. I feel like crap all of the time. I am depressed and lack energy. This morning, I woke up and could hardly open my eyes. I just want to sleep. I can't take soy products because my thyroid is all jacked up, too and soy interferes with my thyroid medication. I am afraid to try other supplements because I seem to be allergic to all kinds of new things. I have to carry an epipen just in case. I am so glad that I have found a support site that tells me that I am not crazy and that others are going through this kind of stuff, too. My mom passed away before she went through menopause so I never knew what to expect. I feel like I am the only person going through this. Now I know I am not. Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: menopause symptoms

Oh my God honey you are so not alone. Menopause is such a difficult time for lots of women. Nobody could ever prepare you for such an ordeal. I feel very bad for you and needed to respond to you immediately. My name is Terri an I am 50 years old. I started with menopause 8 years ago an it nearly destroyed me. Like you, I have 35 plus of the so called symptoms. Please do not let your Doctor make you feel like a hypochondriac what you are feeling is soooooo real. First you need to look for a new Doctor that is kind and understanding. If you don't mind me asking how old are you? Do you have a support system at home? I know how you are feeling I'm right there with you. Supposedly , I am post-menopausal and have been through the ringer with Doctors, tests, psychologists, scans, medications, etc. I am currently on bio-identical hormone pellets has improved my life from 0% to about 50% which is better but far from normal. I don't even know what it feels to be normal. I would like to give you advise that make sense and helps you feel better but still haven't figured it out. Please be kind and gentle to yourself! I am sure you are a wonderful woman and my heart aches for you. If you would like to chat I can give you my phone number. I know what a lonely and confusing time this is for you. My Mom also passed away before menopause. I ws also diagnosed with food allergies which I never had before and am very sensitive to medications. Please know I am here for you.

Terri

o

Terri,
My name is Nanette and I am 56. My husband doesn't understand how bad this is even though he tries to be sympathetic. I am an elementary school teacher and have to be "up" for the kids all the time. Sometimes I want to crawl under my desk and just cry. I know it is going to be ok someday. I just hope I don't have to deal with this forever. I have had several reactions to all sorts of medications so I shy away from them. I even had an embolism that caused a stroke due to a steroid prescription. Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so glad that I am not alone.

Nanette

o

Dear Nanette,

Having the stroke must have been so scary. I hope you are recovered from it. Wow have to give you lots of credit holding down a full time teaching position feeling as awful as you do. I can't go to work there are some days I'm way to sick with flu-like symptoms, extreme fatigue, panic and anxiety attacks, light-headed and off-balanced, head rushes, etc. I cook meals for an executive and his driver picks up the meals from my home but it is not every day. I hope one day I can again join the working population to help out with the bills. I feel like such a loser some days and it can be very overwhelming. I try so hard but my body just won't let me. I am due for another round of pellets on Friday, hope it helps. I am glad your husband is sympathetic although it is hard for men to fully understand how awful most days can be. I hope today was an ok day for you at school. Hang in there my friend it has to get better!

xoxoxo

terri

o

I feel all of your pains. I had a really rough time through perimenopause. Doctors were no help at all. I was so sick and depressed. I read tons of books and went to nutrition school in NYC to become a health coach. Today I am 49 years old, 6 years since I started menopause (early for me), and I have never felt better in my life. I just want to say that food is very important at this time of life. Happy to be here : )
Much love ~ Christie

o

Hi Christie,

I live close to NYC do you have your own practice? I would be interested in setting up a consultation. It has been a very long winding road and I'm more than ready to get off.

Thanks,

Terri

o

Ladies you are not alone. I have prayed so hard for a way to get better because my depression was 'hurting' me so bad. I had repeating negative thoughts that were 'speaking' to me so loud I could hear myself sometimes.

You know with the help of God, I found books and articles directing me to use yam base progesterone cream and pregnenolone. I apply my organic yam base progesterone cream according to dr. John Lee's guideline and take about 10 to 20mg of pregnenolone daily, plus vitamin B complex with Co Q10, Lady's Mantle herbal tea and Oatstraw tea.

I avoid growth hormone by eating natural beef and organic milk. I also avoid preservatives, not just parabens also phenoxyethanol in my topical creams.

With a little bit of melatonin, I can sleep with no anxieties and get up happy. Hot flashes, abnormal bleeding and headaches are all better.

I hope I am able to help you too. I am leaving you a link to Dr. Ray Peat's website, He is the pioneer in using natrual hormone replacements for better health.

God bless.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://raypeat.com/articles/

o

Reading/watching Dr. Fuhrman's high-nutrition regimen, saw it on PBS. I suggest giving his program a try. The medicine you need is in the food you eat. I am just starting his regimen, but in reading his materials, I believe most of us are eating poison that we "think" is healthy. Like chicken, olive oil, low-fat dairy, organic meats....we think we are doing the body good, but we are not and that is making us sick and keeping us sick.
Eat greens, veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, some raw, some cooked. No...eating a handful of nuts/seeds is not the answer. Sprinkle the nuts over fruits and greens to get the best out of everything.
It takes planning and prep to eat his way, but a nutrient based diet seems to have reversing effects on chronic diseases. I'm excited about trying it.

Re: Menopausal symptoms. I have had luck with adaptogenic herbs - MACA (controls, lessens hot flashes for me) and Ashwagandha (in the evening, helps me relax so I sleep easier).

o

Trufflesjourney: "I looked up the 35 symptoms of menopause and think I am having 34 of them."

Could you tell me where the 35 symptoms of menopause are that you mentioned? Thanks.

faith99: "With a little bit of melatonin, I can sleep with no anxieties and get up happy."

How much melatonin do you take? Insomnia is one of my worst symptoms. For years. I've tried lots of things; natural, that is.

cube: "I have had luck with adaptogenic herbs - MACA (controls, lessens hot flashes for me) and Ashwagandha (in the evening, helps me relax so I sleep easier)."

I tried MACA twice for a period of time, and didn't feel well on it, personally. Some people do well on it, though. I haven't tried Ashwagandha yet, but I might. I'm really sensitive/intolerant to a lot of things, even more so since nearing menopause.

o

Oh ladies, thank you soooo much for sharing....thought I was losing my mind. Today has been a difficult day. Lots of stuff going on in my life, I too have been praying. Constantly feel like I am fighting depression. I feel like I can't handle all the stuff in my life right now. I work with children, too...trying not to let it show at work. My husband travels for work, I think he thinks I am losing it...I might be, lol. Anyway, I just rambled on...nice to ramble to ladies who understand. We will be ok...we are not crazy, right :) I find it hard to even concentrate on praying, too...wow I said it...this is not like me...does anyone else have this problem. I just want to cry today, cuz I don't feel I can do anything right. Maybe if I say it to all of you I will get some relief. Thank you again for sharing! I want to say sorry for ranting...sorry must be my middle name...but, guess you have already stopped reading or you hopefully understand. I will ask God to help each of you! Will check into the creams...etc. that was suggested. Thanks!!! Tammy

o

Hello members,

Well, I guess it is nice not to be alone. Needing feedback, advice or info in general? After my oophoretomy, my doctor said I would continue to have my period since I would be on hormone replacment medication. It has been 4 months and I have not had a period and I'm beginning to eperience many of the typical symptoms of menopause. Should I be concern or should be grateful that I'm not have a period and just deal with the hot flashes, weight gain and headaches now?

Thanks for listening & helping. Julie

o

The reason we have so much trouble with Menopause is because of not producing Estrogen anymore. Our hormones become imbalanced and cause so many problems mentally and physically. I'm going to look into going on a low-dose hormone patch but not too long because of the possible side effect of Breast and Uterine Cancer. Good luck to all of you ladies experiencing problems and God bless you!

o

Oh my God, l am so happy I found this site. I am 48 years old. At age 16 I lost my left ovary and by the time I was 25 I lost part of my right ovary due to ovarian cysts. 8 years ago I began to experience hot flashes and panic attacks. I would go 2 or 3 months without my period and and then finally over the last 3 years I have only had it 3 times. Each time I would go about 10 months hoping I would go a full year and never get it again and this nightmare would be over. I haven't gotten my period in 10 months now but the symptoms have gotten unbearable. I have every single symptom of menopause and I am completely miserable. I have a minium of 20 hot flashes a day. I too have felt like I was dying of some crazy disease and my life was coming to an end. I have been hearing all of you and no longer feel like I am the only one feeling this way. I am following some advise and starting a healthier diet. I just want this to be over.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here