Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Abrupt end of hot flashes/periods?

Posted by mooshie (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 4, 08 at 4:00

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I'd been having crazy hot flashes--6 to 10 an hour--for about two years, along with almost nonstop periods (on average, I was having my period 20 days a month; it came and went). All of a sudden this past month, no more hot flashes and no more period. This was VERY abrupt: one day I was in misery; the next day (and every day since), total relief! Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I'm 47 and have no money or health insurance, so I'm trying to deal with this life change on my own, but in the back of my mind I do wonder if it's menopause at all; maybe it's, you know, cancer or something. Does my experience sound typical of menopause?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Abrupt end of hot flashes/periods?

That seems like a lot of hot flashes so dress cooloer, drinke plenty of water. Unfortunately, hot flashes all seem to cycle where you think you aren't having them and they rare up. Hope all goes well. Deanna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here