Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bulging abdomen

Posted by
Barbara
(wanderwind@thurston.com) on
Sun, Nov 25, 01 at 1:22

I read somewhere on this site, but can't find it some suggestions on using the Ab glide or some other exerciser to help reduce bulging abdomen. Since my hysterectomy by abdomen has "grown" does anyone know what would help with this or know anything about the different abdominal exercisers that are out there?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bulging abdomen

I have the "bulging belly" problem too since my hysterectomy. I had done plenty of reading and research, and I have drawn my own conclusion, which is just my opinion, it's a natural part of aging, combined with the surgery. My body is no longer as young and able to go back to the former flatness. I have had 3 pregnancies, and with each, I kept some of the roundness. Seems like I should have gotten smaller around since everything was taken out, but that wasn't the case. I would be cautious about abdominal exercisers, maybe some doctor-recommended exercises might be helpful. I have learned to live with my body, not perfect, but healthy, and I feel so much better after having the hysterectomy four years ago.

o
RE: Bulging abdomen

Hi Peggy

I also thought that when I had my hysterectomy my abdomen might be flatter after removal of large fibroids. Well it probably was for a short time but then applied itself to doing just the opposite.

However now with having lost over a stone in weight things are looking better. There's more to come off yet but at least its happening.

The moral of the story for we who have had hysterectomies is that there's still no free lunch! If you want a flatter stomach weight loss and exercise still rule once recovery from surgery is complete.

I'm now more than 2yrs from my operation so I can do abdominal exercises with no worries but I would urge those ladies who might have had more recent surgery to be careful and wait until you are 100% healed again.

Regards
Joan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here