Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
All aboard the heathy diet and exercise train!

Posted by tinasoldhouse (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 16, 07 at 0:44

I could really use some support in getting motivated and staying motivated to improve my diet and exercise. I'm going on vacation starting tomorrow, but I will have the time and opportunity to walk and do some stretching exercises daily. I'll also be able to prepare some healthy meals since there will be more down time. I figure if I start with small changes, I can get into a groove without overwhelming myself. I want to work on creating a more healthy lifestyle, gaining proper nutrition habits that will help with mood, energy, and sleep. I wouldn't mind toning and building muscle, but I'd be happy if I just got moving! Also, I'd love to learn how others have changed their diet to cope with perimenopausal symptoms.

Anyone want to join me? We can check in for support and see how everyone's doing.

Tina

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: All aboard the heathy diet and exercise train!

Tina, I'm here to give you encouragement and support! :)

I have made changes to my diet over the last few months and it has drastically improved my peri-menopause symptom's. I'm also forcing myself to get to bed by 10:00 if it is at all possible. I am getting more rest, eating healthier by cutting out caffeine, processed foods and sweets, eating less red meat and more fish, eating more vegetables and fruits.

This has worked wonder's for me. I now have the energy to exercise again and to just start living my life normally once again. I just hope it lasts!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here