SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catherinet11

How to 'detox' off combipatch??

catherinet
21 years ago

Hi all,

As I've said in a number of my other posts, I believe we can get addicted to HRT......and then have to go through hell to ever get off. I've been on the combipatch for 5 years. I tried to get off of it last fall......which was a horrible mistake. I also have fibromyalgia, and falling hormone levels seems to make it so much worse. Anyhow.....I've been on Toprol LX and Wellbutrin, and have gotten my headaches, anxiety attacks, racing heart and severe fatigue under control, and so now I'm thinking about trying to detox from my patch again. Here's what I'm thinking........I change the patch every tuesday and Saturday. I heard of one woman just not changing her patch for several weeks at a time, but I think that would lead to huge fluctuations....since her hormone levels would drop, and then in a few weeks she'd slap on a new patch, and they would rise. So....I'm thinking of cutting the patch in half, and just using a half every Tuesday and Saturday. I would do this for maybe 2-4 months....then I would start wearing 1/4 or 1/3 of the patch and do this for a couple months, then I'd stop it. What do you think?

I used to get horrible headaches whenever I would mess with my hormones, but since I've been on Toprol (a beta blocker), my headaches have been very much under control......so maybe I'm getting too brave.....but I think I'll try it. Any suggestions as to my plan?

Comments (2)

Sponsored