Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Meno newbie

Posted by Colorado67 (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 16, 13 at 22:56

I stumbled upon this forum from a web search of all things. I have a mouth ulcer and I have linked this to my crazy year of menopause. I was told at 45 that I am in menopause now? Well it seems I battled some of the common problems and they did get better, but my Mouth has seems to be having issues. Now I have what started off like a canker on the roof of my mouth, and now just is sort of a wound. The dentist has given my some sort of viral medicine, but the more I study about this, the more I find that hormones can come to play. I found a older post here with a similar issue. Does anyone have any history of this issue. I would appreciate all the input?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Meno newbie

During the last 4 months of my 'first year of no periods' I started getting mouth ulcers and they lasted another 2 months. So for almost half a year I had mouth ulcers. They cropped up often enough that the longest I went without any was maybe 2 weeks. Then they suddenly stopped as quickly as they had first appeared. I'm pretty sure it was just my body transitioning to the loss of estrogen because nothing in my lifestyle changed during those months.

I never took any medication because although I sometimes had up to 5 at a time, they always stayed pretty small, so I guess I just got used to the discomfort. I hope yours won't last too long or cause too much pain. If they do, I'm sure you could get some kind of treatment.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here