Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Am I perimenopausal?

Posted by jodi.bea (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 23, 12 at 20:56

I am only 35 but seem to be having symptoms. I will have a sudden feelingng, almost like a huge adrenaline rush, start at my sternum and move up to my head. It takes my breath away and I feel like I'm going to pass out, or worse, just drop dead. Afterward, I feel very weak and shaky and completely wiped out. I get pressure in my head and ears and tinnitus that drives me crazy, several times a day now. My breasts sometimes feel like they did when I was lactating, like the glands are swollen and full. I will get pains in the side of my neck and throat. Occasionally it feels like a thousand burning needles are being stuck in my neck and outer ears. My heart will race for no reason and I'll have short sharp pains all over my chest and in my upper arms. I have had several EKG's, an echocardiogram, abdominal sonogram and more labs done than I can count...and they keep telling me nothing's wrong. I think they think I'm crazy and I don't know what to do anymore. I am hoping this is the problem so that I at least know what is going on with me. I don't have the night sweats, insomnia, nausea, or get red in the face so Im just not sure. Any response to this would be greatly appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Am I perimenopausal?

Even though you are only 35 they say that Peri-menopausal symptoms can start as early as 15 years prior to the actual on set of it. My 30's were the worst. That is when all hell broke loose for me and now i chalk it up to hormones and peri symptoms. Many of your symptoms now are exactly what i am going through.. the adrenaline rushes, feeling as if you are going to pass out, shakiness. I remember in my 30's(i am 49 now)my breasts felt just like you described. They felt huge and painful and times. You can go to your OBGYN and get tested to find out for sure. Best of luck to you...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here