SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sassafras45

Menopause

sassafras45
14 years ago

I'm new here and looking for support,which I am not getting my from OB/GYN. I began having issues with my period in March, 2007. Since then,I've had maybe 5 periods. My FSH is 57.5 and estrogen around 30. I am having debilitating symptoms which range from severe and constant panic attacks, living in a constant state of anxiety 24/7, heart palpitations, shakiness, tingling and numbness in my extremities, feelings of muscle weakness, feeling like something is crawling on the inside of my muscles, a humming and vibrating feeling that wakes me up at night, feelings of doom, and weird gastrointestinal problems,not to mention the sudden onset of ocular migraines (with scintillating scotomas and no pain),blurry vision (had a complete exam with the eye doctor, with ultrasounds of the back of the eye and pictures of the optic nerves,and alln normal). I am on the birth control pill to control symptoms so I have no hot flashes anymore,although sometimes I do get chills. I have very loud ringing in my ears,although I have had a problem with tinnitus since I was 9,and a foggy feeling along with occasional dizziness. I feel like I am losing my mind, and also cry a lot for no apparent reason. My internist wants me to have a CT scan of my head and abdomen just to rule out anything diseases (he at first thought I had a pituitary tumor because my cortisol levels were high,but a second test, along with an ACTH test were normal). I am terrified to have CT scan because of the contrast they will inject, which is mostly in part because of my panic and anxiety. I can't seem to find anyone to talk to about this,and I'm sorry if this seems like a long diatribe, but I honestly live every day feeling like there is something critically wrong with me and thinking I am going to die. Does anyone else out there have any of these symptoms, or am I just losing it?

Comments (8)

Sponsored