Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any women dealing with low levels of testosterone?

Posted by kim0201 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 28, 06 at 20:20

I'm almost 50 & have been diagnosed as being smack dab in the middle to menopause. My doctor's office called recently to tell me the doctor would like to meet with me to discuss recent lab tests which indicate I have very low testosterone levels. Was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if so, how is it being treated and have you noticed any change to your wellbeing? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any women dealing with low levels of testosterone?

On my last gyn visit, my testosterone was lower than normal, but my DHEA was very low, so she started me on a DHEA supplement and said that would likely get my testosterone level back up. Do NOT take DHEA without close physician supervision, though, because it can have negative effects if your level is too high. In fact, if I forget to have my level monitored, the doc's office calls to remind me. I feel okay, so I don't worry about the testosterone level, and I'm sure she'll check it again in a couple of months when I go see her.
Mrs H

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here