Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thick middle here to stay?

Posted by organic_frenchie (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 20, 09 at 18:00

I'll be 49 soon and have been peri-menopausal for about 8 months. I've been able to cope with the hot flashes, mood swings, tender breasts, etc. but the thick middle that crept up on me is a little harder to accept! I've worked very hard to stay fit and trim and it sure would be nice to hear that the thick middle will eventually go away like it did after the two pregnancies. Has anyone "grown" out of it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thick middle here to stay?

Hi organic frenchie ive been peri for 13 months now and as far as i know ive still got mine which appeared out of nowhere last year ive been to the gym 5 times a week been on a weight watchers diet for 6 months i did lose about 9 pounds but ive gained it back since i stopped the diet so ive virtually given up now and am accepting that the midriff will maybe go away after i finish menopause properly its all to do with the estrogen so hang in there try to eat low fat foods etc ok

o

Hi organic frenchie I havent been able to suck my belly in for the last 15 years I had 2 c-sections and that was the end of tummy controll but a friend of mine told me about a exercise program that takes 15 mins and works from the inside to the outside .I have been doing it for 2 months and last week I was trying on a skirt and I had to suck my belly in and it went in about 3 inches I could not believe it I could actually move it .I am going to stick with it cause i know it is giving me back controll of my belly.It is called T-TAPP I am tryin to get through perimenopause so I need all the help i can get.

o

I am a 53 year old female who is 2 1/2 years post menopausal. I to gained the infamous middle section over those years and one day I walked into my closet and said to my husband, "These clothes don't belong to my body anymore". Sounded funny at the time but the point is, even after exercise, the extra stuff is still there. Guess I have to live with it.

Deb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here