Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pets and Menopause?

Posted by pinkys_life (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 7, 06 at 17:02

My dog is getting old. She is around 9 years of age and she is "fixed". I know this might be the wrong forum for this question but I want to know if anyone with pets can explain if menopause could be the cause of my poor girl's recent problem.

Her rear legs have gone near paralyzed and she is only slowly building up the muscle to stand again. The vet's assistant we believe hurt her on a visit quite a few weeks back. The Vet denied any responsibility blaming a degenerative disorder that a neurologist later disproved. Nobody can tell me why my baby has lost her legs. She is almost able to stand again, but she still drags over half the time. I worry that her hormones might be affecting her healing. You can see her page at the link below marked "Pinky's Page" where you can see pictures of our little baby and her poor legs.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pinky's Page

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pets and Menopause?

I don't think dogs get menopause as they can pretty much bear puppies till they pass on. I have no idea what the problem is, but I have a friend who had a cat that had the same problem, and she spent major $$ trying to figure out what the problem was.... they never found it. He eventually looked like a cartoon bull dog, huge front shoulders to compensate for the weaker legs. I am sorry... it's awful for your baby to be injured! I don't think suing would do anything, you have to be able to PROVE that the vet did it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here