Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What do hot flashes actually feel like

Posted by zoezoe (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 21, 06 at 16:30

I just turned 52 yrs. old last week and am peri-menopausal. My last period was a few months ago. However, I have begun getting these really warm sensations (usually at night, and usually only on the back of my neck). It will last for about 45 seconds, but it's not like I am dripping with sweat or anything.

Could this just be a preclude to the infamous "hot flashes"?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What do hot flashes actually feel like

Sounds like how mine started. Heat up the back of my neck, enveloping my face, then the rest of my body would get clammy. I didn't sweat heavily. I called them "moisties". They didn't last long, but the frequency increased over time until I wasn't getting much sleep. That's when I started to try various remedies, and eventually after a few years ended up on HRT for full out hot flashes.

o

some times I get that... some times I just sweat like the temperature suddenly jumped 30 degrees. My night sweats are just sweaty... not the heart pounding things that some people get. I don't even feel really hot.

o

At night my whole body starts sweating and I feel incredibly hot all over. During the day I feel it mostly in my face and my face sweats like crazy. What a PITA when I'm at work talking to co-workers and I'm constantly wiping the sweat off my face.

o

Black Cohsh is the best thing to take for hot flashes. I suffered with them for many years. My husband pushed me to talk to my doctor about getting something to help. On this web site I found that other women were taking Black Cohosh. I tried it and I saw a differance in a couple of days. If I do not take Black Cohosh for a couple of days the hot flashes come back. It is a God send. It works. I get it from a drug web site and buy one bottle and get two free. It is much cheaper than Walmart prices. I also take a product called Flash Fighters for the other problems like mood chanhges. Both togeter works for me.

Mary Ann

o

I have a friend who turns red in the face and sweats profusely. I just feel warmer than usual, and my face flushes (kind of like when you're a teenager and feel embarrassed). I don't usually sweat at all, except I occasionally wake up early in the morning, throwing the covers off, and slightly sweaty. I think it really varies from one woman to the other.
Mrs H

o

I wake up at night feeling sweaty,so much that I start to get chills. Then I change into a dry nightgown to get warm again. I always fall back asleep again quickly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here