SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hodel_gw

going off the pill, hot flashes and night sweats

hodel
14 years ago

I am 40 yrs old. I just went off the pill. Since then I have had extremely bad hot flashes and night sweats. After reading here I guess I have fuzzy brain too because I getting another degree and I am not doing as well on tests on things I know I knew. I have a vitamin D deficiency. I only found that out because my dr ordered a complete blood test because she was worried about my diet, pretty low carb. I have changed that a bit. I exercise with a trainer 3 times per week and eat healthy, take vitamins, wellbuterin, vitamin D3 2000 units, and omega 3 fish oil. These hot flashes and night sweats that wake me up all night are scary and interrupt my life so much. My mom had a hysterectomy at 35 but an aunt on my dad's side said she went through menopause at 41. I am making appt with dr. I have been off the pill for 6 wks. Could this be because of going off the pill or could it be peri-menopause? What can I say to get this doctor to listen to me. I asked about menopause when there to talk to her about going off pill and she laughed even when I brought up aunt since she knows I exercise, no smoking, drinking, etc. She said that can't be. Any information would be so helpful. I am so uncomfortable and my DH has no idea what to do with me. Thank you.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio