SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jillb_gw

Perimenopause - the other symptoms...

jillb
11 years ago

Ok, I was totally expecting hot flashes and mood swings but no one told me it would be like this. I am 44 but swear I have been in the throws of it since 37, and the more stress I';m under the worse it gets. The past 2 months have been the worst, after $20,000 in medical tests (luckily insurance covered all but my deductible) and a cabinet full of drugs that would have killed my kidneys and liver if I toook all of it I am convinced its more peri-menopause symtoms. Does any of this sound familiar:

Episodic vertigo that has morphed into sporadic dizziness, feeling like I just got off the tilt-a whirl when I walk

Buzzing in the legs - just below my knees (both sides) down to my feet, sometimes tingling sometimes not - worse at night and early am

headaches that the neurologist said are migraines causing the dizzines - but I've never had a migraine in my life, feels more like tension headache. Have since subsided, but dizziness still lives on; sometimes get buzzing in my head at night too.

awful pain in neck and shoulders

ringing in ears

waves of nausea - multiple times a day; candied ginger really helps (never would have believe it really works)

systemic itching - burning, tingling itch in my scalp, underarms, palms, bottom of feet, center of chest - allergist had me taking 1/2 zantac & 1/2 zyrtec 2x's a day all summer, finally dissipated but recurs if I ge way overheated from working out but nothing like the initial bout.

raging acid reflux - been on PPI's for 5 years just stopped recently after whackjob gastro had me on 80 mg's a day (wipes out magnesium) - cannot believe it but 2 tsp. Apple Cidar Vinegar & water works!! No reflux plus as a bonus it has cleared up my decade long bout with rosacea.

Anxiety - which I swear has turned me into a total hypochondriac.I google every frigging symptom.

Night sweats - I expected these

Suffice it to say, after a nuclear stress test, MRI, numerous x-rays, blood work galore the docs find nothing wrong but want to put me on antidepressants - antianxiety I could see, but antidepressants? I am not feeling depressed. Stressed out maybe, feeling like I am losing it because something is wrong but none of the docs will say its due to perimenopause, God forbid they should measure my hormone levels (and not thyroid which is fine). To my surprise I found tremdous relief from these symptoms by recently visiting a chiropractor (which I never thought I would do) for the neck pain and leg buzzing. He is the only medical prof. that has come close to helping me - that and massage therapy. So for now I am sticking with alternative/integrative medicine and vitamins: Bcomplex, D, Omega 3 and magnesium lotion.

I am curious if anyone has experience these symptoms and what alternative therapies they have found that offer relief.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Third-Generation Family-Owned Masonry Supplier in Virginia