SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adobesunlight

Quit Premarin at age 53! Is this menopause?))

adobesunlight
16 years ago

I had a complete hysterectomy at age 25 due to a non-cancerous fibroid tumor. The doctor prescribed Premarin and told me to take one per day until age 55. Last year (October 2006) I decided to quit entirely because DH had taken a new job so was without medical insurance and didn't want the extra bill facing us each month. Figured that 53 is only two years off, right? LOL! Didn't really notice any significant changes until recently, but blamed them on depression since I've also had that problem for years and have been on/off anti-d's for a very long time. Just within the past several weeks I've been having hot flashes bigtime!! First hot, then cold, then really HOT to the point that I'm almost sick and totally panic-stricken! The sweats are sporadic too, but don't always accompany the hot flashes. Does this make sense? Also, I have been crying nearly everyday and blame it on the fact that my husband has been out of state working and that I can't cope with life alone. My depression has gotten really worse than ever! I forget things......When my DH says he's told me something and I even responded to whatever it was with questions there are times I can vaguely remember even having the conversation (other times I don't recall them at all). The subject we happen to be discussing almost seems dreamlike! Kinda scary to say the least as my father at age 82 (he had Alzheimer's) used to always confuse "in real life" with dreams and vice versa. I get the feeling that I need to run away from home too, but also fear being alone. It's almost as if it's become a phobia now! Lately been making excuses not to leave the house, so you see I'm being contradictory here! What's the deal? Am I losing my mind or what? LOL?

Comments (4)

Sponsored