Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
4 years of no periods, now hot flushes

Posted by SA2013 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 27, 13 at 9:23

4 years ago, I had a huge fibroid removed (about the size of a football...doc said I looked about 5 1/2 months pregnant).
From that day I have not had a period. I did not have a hysterectomy. I am 52 years old and have all of a sudden started very severe hot flashes day and night...at least 10 times per day if not more.
Has anyone else had this experience, and if so, is it menopause or adrenal stress and what are you doing to combat it?
Help needed especially when I am in those darn meetings, and I look like I am blushing for no reason...embarrassing.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 4 years of no periods, now hot flushes

This sounds like a question for your doctor, given your medical history. However, assuming that it IS menopause (you're the right age for it), I offer you my sympathy. "Private summers" were frequent for me; I am a college professor and my students thought it was amusing to see me take my suit jacket off and put it back on again 10 times in a two-hour class.

Some women on this forum have found relief with black cohosh. (If you do a search with the search field at the bottom of this page, you'll find the posts.) It didn't help me, but time did. It was pretty awful for about 4 years, but time has helped quite a bit.

I hope you find a way to cope! Getting older isn't for sissies! Oh, and two tips: Dress in layers, it really helps, and get a fan for your bedroom. A moving river of air over the bed will help you recover from the hot flashes much more quickly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here