SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mumblet

hormones in cows' milk

mumblet
22 years ago

Okay, this is my first time with this, and my posting got away before I was done. Periods stopped over a year ago, had it checked, blood test confirmed menopause, doc put me on fmhrt. Blood pressure went up, gained 40 lbs., bad periods started, and sun sensitivity! Told the doc I didn't need or want any of that, I'm old enough to start getting old. He wanted me to stay on the fmhrt for the bp and bone thinning, but I wasn't going to come out only at night and I couldn't carry the weight. I stopped the fmhrt, but started wanting tuna and gallons of milk. I go through a gallon of milk in two days or less. My sex drive started perking up (I had dryness and chapped "lips") and what had been really dry suddenly was like it was before the periods got erratic. Basically, everything has returned to what is was, I just don't have periods anymore (and I don't miss them). I realized I was drinking an awful lot of milk, and then I came across two articles that mentioned the cows are given hormones to increase milk production. Commercial milk is mixed, so there really is no telling where the cow was that gave the milk in your fridge. I went back to the doc, told him my theory that I was getting hormones from the milk and maybe the tuna, and asked for a blood test the check the hormone levels. I've gone from none to low normal. I've also gone from menopausal to perimenopause. --And the blood pressure is down to 120/83 from 180/90. Now, if only the 40 lbs. would go.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH