Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cramps and bloating

Posted by brant (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 30, 04 at 23:02

When you are pre menopausal and you skip a period do you still have the cramps and bloating and just don't have your period. That is what I have been going through the last 2 weeks. I never have had a problem or missed a period until this month. I am 47 and wonder if this is the start or something else is going on. I am due for my check-up and plan to do that soon. If this is what one goes through for years before they stop having periods I would rather have periods. I don't want to take pills if I can prevent it. Thanks Debbie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cramps and bloating

Debbie, I never experienced that but then everyone might be different. I'm glad you are going in soon to have it checked out. Keep us posted.

o
RE: Cramps and bloating

I went through this for a long time....major PMS symptoms from hell for weeks and weeks at a time; until I was practically begging for my period. For years I think I spent more time PMS than not. As I got further along in perimenopause, I had meno symptoms at the same time as all the PMS! So I was bloated, very sore boobs, cramps, sweating, hot flashes, pimples, tired, moody, couldn't sleep....haha! I'm SO glad that's just about over, though I had about 8 years of this cr*p.
A low-estrogen pill might help with regulating your period...none of the herbal remedies have been proven to help with much other than hot flashes (I tried them all, for years...I didn't notice any difference except I spent the money on them) but it wouldn't hurt to try.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here