SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marybelle_2009

vaginal dryness treatment

marybelle_2009
13 years ago

Hello, I'm a newcomer and have been looking for relief from vaginal dryness which seems to be getting worse. I'm in my 60's and, had pretty manageable menopause symptoms, fortunately. I never had night sweats and my hot flashes weren't too bad. HOWEVER, I suffer from real discomfort after my hubby and i have sex. This is getting to be pretty darn depressing. Usually I'm OK the next day, but the day after that and then for 6 or 7 days later I have burning, and discomfort which at first i thought was a recurring urinary tract infection, but it's not. It's just me getting to be an older woman with a dry vaginal area.

We are careful to always use a lubricant - and I try to drink a lot of water and stay hydrated. I switched primary care doctors last year due to insurance changes and my current doctor is a younger woman who does not believe in any prescription HRT treatments. I had asked about a vaginal cream i saw advertised and she said in essence she would not prescribe anything like that. I know there have been serious issues with HRTs but I'm at the point of throwing caution to the winds to get some relief.

I'm looking for something OTC if possible that deals with the post -sex dryness and irritation. And, also looking for feedback about the pros and cons of HRTs, especially the creams. If people have had some good results, maybe I need to change doctors.

Thanks so much - this is not a topic that comes up easily in conversation so thank you to all of you Garden Web gals.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County