Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Uterine cancer

Posted by young5344 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 23, 04 at 22:14

2 days ago I went in for surgery a routine removal of what was thought a polyp. It turned out to be a fibroid (benign and a big one). At the same time she scraped some of my uterine wall and that turned out to be uterine cancer. I now go in on the 6th of Oct for a complete hysterectomy and will have an oncologist assisting to do lymphy nod biopsies. Needless to say I sam numb. Anyone else have this to deal with in their life.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Uterine cancer

young, I haven't, but I wanted to tell you you're in my thoughts.

Hang tough, and post what the results are.

(((young)))

o

Thanks Sue. Will post my results. Surgery is the 6th and I don't know at this point how long I will have to wait to know the lymph node results. I see my gyn doctor Monday and might meet with the oncologist before hand to if I want to.

o

Try to take it easy until then.

More hugs.

o

I wanted to say that I've not experienced it, but, that my wishes are with you. I have, however, had deep abdominal surgery.

Make sure you have someone to take care of you when you get home. Ask for (demand) Tylenol with Codeine (Tylenol2) for those times when you need it during recovery. Have someone get the prescription filled and ready for you when you return home. Also, ask for a self-administering pain-killer drip (IV) in the hospital.

You won't be able to do stairs for awhile, but, you'll be able to walk right away (little walks).

Have lots of chocolate on hand -- dark chocolate (a natural pain-killer).

I hope they get it all out and that your lymph nodes are cancer-free.

Please let us know.

o

Bbaird: Thanks for the info on the dark chocolate - yum. I already have the prescription for the pain meds that I will turn into my pharmacy and have it here when I return home. My doctor did tell me that I would have a drip in the hospital to self administer the pain meds. I am going to force myself to walk no matter what.

I'll post when I am able to after the surgery which is the 6th. Chest x-ray and pelvic cat scan and meeting with the Oncologist before the surgery.

o

Right after surgery, when you awaken, you'll probably be very nauseated from the anesthesia. Trying to get up to walk around will feel miserable and impossible the first day. Once you force yourself to (with the help of a nurse), you'll feel a thousand times better. Just don't get too enthusiastic about walking around and doing things. The IV painkiller gives you a false sense of well-being. It's very easy to overdo it.

You're gonna do fine:) Just keep that chocolate coming!

o

yeh chocolate and I love the dark chocolate - what a good excuse to pig out. Thanks for the info.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here