Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does anyone peri have this weird head feeling

Posted by mo3fo5 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 14, 11 at 21:47

I am so glad to have found this web site. I am 49 and have been experiencing much of the same symptoms that you are explaining. I have been going through menopause for about 2 years now. Like many I have been experiencing the common menopause symptoms �hot flashes, insomnia, forgetfulness, etc. but recently I have had onset of headaches and a feeling in my head that I can only describe as "an odd feeling". To best describe it, I feel a lot of pressure in my head- between my eyes. I have difficulty at times concentrating and focusing. Then periodically, and very unpredictably I have these "spells" that I can best describe as "waves" of unsteadiness. It feels like that carnival ride you take where you are standing along a wall in a cylinder � the wall spins and the bottom drops out from under your feet. These spells / waves of unsteadiness can last only seconds but have lasted as long as several minutes. The most severe spell I have had occurred just recently. I felt as though I was going to fall. I actually was walking and began leaning to one side- or I felt like I was. Although I cannot describe the room as spinning I could not visually focus and it was as though I was visualizing things cross eyed. I felt as though I was having a stroke. I could speak clearly and talk appropriately but was unable to walk a straight line and had to actually hold on to something for fear of falling. I recently had an MRI of the brain � it was normal.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does anyone peri have this weird head feeling

I am so glad to have found this web site. I am 49 and have been experiencing much of the same symptoms that you are explaining. I have been going through menopause for about 2 years now. Like many I have been experiencing the common menopause symptoms �hot flashes, insomnia, forgetfulness, etc. but recently I have had onset of headaches and a feeling in my head that I can only describe as "an odd feeling". To best describe it, I feel a lot of pressure in my head- between my eyes. I have difficulty at times concentrating and focusing. Then periodically, and very unpredictably I have these "spells" that I can best describe as "waves" of unsteadiness. It feels like that carnival ride you take where you are standing along a wall in a cylinder � the wall spins and the bottom drops out from under your feet. These spells / waves of unsteadiness can last only seconds but have lasted as long as several minutes. The most severe spell I have had occurred just recently. I felt as though I was going to fall. I actually was walking and began leaning to one side- or I felt like I was. Although I cannot describe the room as spinning I could not visually focus and it was as though I was visualizing things cross eyed. I felt as though I was having a stroke. I could speak clearly and talk appropriately but was unable to walk a straight line and had to actually hold on to something for fear of falling. I recently had an MRI of the brain � it was normal.

o

Hi
That does sound scary. But don't chalk everything up to menopause. Too easy. It really sounds like vertigo and maybe some type of sinus infection. I get this every fall. I had tests and doctor's visits....nothing. Then I took benadryl and concentrated on drinking water. It took a day or 2, but it went away. If you can take medicines like benadryl you might want to try it.
Good luck

o

I think, by now, you probably do not have dizzle spells anymore, i am glad that your MRI results were normal. For your hot flashes and all, simple all natural yam base progesterone cream and DIM should be enough to help.

God Bless.

o

I ahve had the same things...started about a year ago progressively got worse...i have had blackouts as well...my most recent inncodent , which i dont know is related or not, is that i was driving to work..and ended up in a wreck. I didnt know how i got into the field on the left side of the road. I had blacked out or something..dont remember anything...i have had MRI, cat scans, stress tests, seen neurology, all of it..and noone can tell me what these things in my head are....they look at me like im crazy! i hate it..and im scared to death..literally..it took me 3 months to be cleared medically to drive, yet i still have these feelings in my head...today i had a big one while i was laying down with my 2 year old...it paralized me,,then i was numb, tired and felt lathargic...i want to go to the ER but then again..i feel i will just be told nothing is wrong with me....some thing is and im so glad i found this here..i dont feel like im going crazy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here