Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The sun

Posted by heathen1 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 6, 06 at 21:29

I live in California... I am a native.... and all of a sudden I found that with perimenopause, I am now allergic to the sun! At first, I thought it was something totally different, but now I've run into 3 other people who've had the same problem... hives from the sun. :o( anyone else out there with this problem?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The sun

heathen1, did you see a dermatologist? Did you find out what you can do to help?
My husband is alergic to the ultraviolet rays and gets a terrible itchy rash and all they told him was to wear protective clothing and sunscreen and use a hydrocordisone cream for the itch. It really prevents it for him.

o

hi! No... the doc didn't know what it was.... I didn't know what it was till recently when I was not feeling well and didn't go outside and it went away! :D The minute I go out in the sun again, back it comes! I have another doc's appointment in a bit, then I can ask for a referral. Of course, then it will be fall and sun won't be a worry. :D
Oh, I always wear sunscreen, it doesn't seem to help.

o

That's a bummer! How 'bout full sun block? Wearing protective clothing is a pain too. I hope there's something that you will be able to do so you can still enjoy the sunshine. Keep us posted, ok.

o

Well, the rash is pretty much only on my face and neck... why? I dunno! With our 100 plus temps during the summer, I'd pass out wearing protective clothing. It's been near 100 here this week in Sacramento. I have a pool too, but I generally swim later in the day. I wonder if that, oh I am having a blank on the name of it, it used to come in colors... as a total block out would work... I might look funny with it all over my face.... but I could wear it at home.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here