Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how to know menopause after hysterectomy

Posted by nanaofive (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 23, 07 at 20:11

Hi, Everyone, This is my first post on this forum. How do you know when you are menopausal or through it when you've had a hysterectomy? I had a hysterectomy at age 33, now I'm 53 and have had the symptoms of menopause, quite severe. But how can you know when it's over? My Dr. isn't very forthcoming with information, and I have asked him. Anyone have any insight for me? TIA Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how to know menopause after hysterectomy

I had a partial hyst at age 28, so the only things I have had to go by are the absence of premenstrual symptoms and emotional changes. When I had hormone levels checked, my estrogen was low-normal, progesterone and testosterone were low. FSH was still in normal range. I would think that at age 53, it's getting pretty close, since having even a partial hyst will usually cause an earlier menopause.
Mrs H

o
RE: how to know menopause after hysterectomy

Hi ive had a full hysterectomy at 30 now only have 1 ovary after suffering from a range of perimenopasaul symptoms i went and had a blood test to check if i was in fact perimenopausal the bloods came back normal WHAT how can this be , apparently unless your hormones are going crazy at a particular time of the month it wont show up even tho u r peri so just go off your symptoms and how u feel make a record of how u feel at particular times of the month this for me is the best indicator, trusting my own body and instincts and more importantly the symptoms i get, palpatations hot sweats panic attacks crashing fatigue some days especially when i am having palpatations ,running to the loo with weak bladder al these are indicators of perimenopause hope this helps sum ladies out there ok

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here