SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neenee_2007

I'm scared

neenee_2007
16 years ago

I don't know whether I can make any sense out of this post or not and please forgive me if it's long. I don't really know if I'm postmenopausal or not, because my ex dr. had me very, very overdosed on blood pressure meds for over 2 years. My b/p was so low it was dangerous, like it usually ran in the 50/30's range. I had no energy, gained weight because I was no longer active, etc. For some unknown reason, he wouldn't get me off of these pills, a pharmacist did. I do remember that I just kind of abruptly stopped having periods. They never became erratic, nothing like that, they just stopped during this time. After that, he put me on high doses of hydrocodone and Xanax, reaching a level of 14 to 17 Hydrocodone per day and 10 mgs. of Xanax all at once, at night. I begged him to taper me off of these meds, but to no avail. So, I went to detox for the Xanax withdrawal and it was hell. I cold turkeyed the Hydros. While I was in detox the 1st time, I noticed that I didn't smell so good down south and that I was having mild bleeding and external itching. It stopped, then after I got out of detox the 2nd time, it started back up. Not heavy bleeding and I only notice it after I go to the bathroom. But I read all these horror stories at different websites on the net that if you have ANY kind of bleeding after your last period, it always means cancer. My question is this, could that low, low blood pressure, coupled with the high dosages of narcotics have messed up my system? And now that I'm drug free, maybe I'm just having a light period? I'm really very scared, I've always had a cancer phobia. I am going to the gyno, but need some input first. Thank you in advance for your help.

M.

Comments (5)

Sponsored