Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My face looks like a road map

Posted by
mrs.micki
(gw:mrs.micki) on
Tue, Sep 26, 06 at 17:32

Ok is it normal for my face to have more acne on it than a teenager going through puberty? No offense but Helen Keller could read my face and probaly tell a story. I didn't even have this many zitz when I was a kid.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My face looks like a road map

Oh boy, do I know what you mean! I never had acne when I was young either. It got really bad in my 40's and I'm now in my 50's and still need to use perscription (topical) medication. I've tried going without it because it's very expensive....but I can't. It's really embarassing to have acne at this age! According to my dermatologist this is a very common problem.

o

I can relate too. I was a late bloomer and had good skin until I was 18, then had acne until I was 21. For the next 30 years I'd get the odd pimple just before my peroid. But now, at almost 51, I'm breaking out worse than my teenagers! They have been using Pro Active and it did wonders for their skin when nothing else worked, so looks like I'm buying myself some!

o

• Posted by
    mrs.micki
    (gw:mrs.micki) on
    Sat, Sep 30, 06 at 17:03

The only thing is that when I use acne meds. my face gets really dry,than I have to use moisturizer than we break out even more. Can't win for losing

o

If you're drying out with creams, you need to use one that's going to not only contain ingredients to clear your face, but hydrate you as well. The only line of products I've seen that effectively has this balance is Murad. Their web address is http://www.murad.com/sect10106.jsp?a=b and will immediately showcase a product up top called, "Age Balancing Night Cream." I recommend you use this. It's made of retinol to keep pores clear and reduce the frequency of breakouts, but it also offers shea butter and soy bean oil to provide intense hydration as well. Again, it's the balance you need in order to not look so dried out.

o

Okay d-lovely, I am tired of your spamming... if you don't stop, I will complain to iVillage. I tell ya, unsolicited spamming NEVER makes me want to buy... in fact, it makes me tell others NOT to buy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here