SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tanama_gw

premenstrual nausea when perimenopausal?

tanama
18 years ago

Well, I've gone from having no PMS symptoms at all, to becoming a raging b#### when I'm PMS a few years ago when I first started showing signs of perimenopause, and now my body has decided to inflict intense PMS nausea and fatigue on me. The past several months it has gotten worse each month, to the point where yesterday I vomited and had to cancel my afternoon class (I teach) and go home and crawl into bed.

Any suggestions at all about how to deal with this? I tried anti-depressants for the emotional symptoms, they didn't do any good. I do occasionally take anti-anxiety meds when I'm PMSing (my wonderful menopausal doc gave the script to me with the order to "take them any time I feel like killing people") but that doesn't address the nausea. I swear that it makes me want to go back to the "herbal" remedies of my college days in the 70's since even after 25+ years I really get the feeling that it would help both the mood and the nausea, but that's not exactly my thing any more (though I do strongly feel it should be legalized, especially for medical stuff, but that's an entirely different topic). And I will admit to ocassionally sequestering myself in the guest room with a chickflick or book and a big shaker of strong martinis or mojitos when I feel that my family relationship would otherwise be endangered, but alcohol certainly won't help the nausea or solve any of the other problems.

I am a little afraid of any kind of hormones, since I had a really horrible experience when I tried birth control pills in the 70's, but right now I'll consider anything. I need my life and sanity back.

To say that I think that all that we are put through with this change of life stuff is heinous is the understatement of the century. We deal with all the inconvenience of bleeding several days a month for decades, and then we get THIS?!? No fair at all.

Can you tell that I'm PMSing right now?!?

Thanks for reading my disconnected rant, and for any suggestions you can make of things that helped the nausea. Even just hearing from someone else whose bodies responded with PMS-related nausea would help, just to know that I'm not alone.

Comments (140)

Sponsored