SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tanama_gw

premenstrual nausea when perimenopausal?

tanama
18 years ago

Well, I've gone from having no PMS symptoms at all, to becoming a raging b#### when I'm PMS a few years ago when I first started showing signs of perimenopause, and now my body has decided to inflict intense PMS nausea and fatigue on me. The past several months it has gotten worse each month, to the point where yesterday I vomited and had to cancel my afternoon class (I teach) and go home and crawl into bed.

Any suggestions at all about how to deal with this? I tried anti-depressants for the emotional symptoms, they didn't do any good. I do occasionally take anti-anxiety meds when I'm PMSing (my wonderful menopausal doc gave the script to me with the order to "take them any time I feel like killing people") but that doesn't address the nausea. I swear that it makes me want to go back to the "herbal" remedies of my college days in the 70's since even after 25+ years I really get the feeling that it would help both the mood and the nausea, but that's not exactly my thing any more (though I do strongly feel it should be legalized, especially for medical stuff, but that's an entirely different topic). And I will admit to ocassionally sequestering myself in the guest room with a chickflick or book and a big shaker of strong martinis or mojitos when I feel that my family relationship would otherwise be endangered, but alcohol certainly won't help the nausea or solve any of the other problems.

I am a little afraid of any kind of hormones, since I had a really horrible experience when I tried birth control pills in the 70's, but right now I'll consider anything. I need my life and sanity back.

To say that I think that all that we are put through with this change of life stuff is heinous is the understatement of the century. We deal with all the inconvenience of bleeding several days a month for decades, and then we get THIS?!? No fair at all.

Can you tell that I'm PMSing right now?!?

Thanks for reading my disconnected rant, and for any suggestions you can make of things that helped the nausea. Even just hearing from someone else whose bodies responded with PMS-related nausea would help, just to know that I'm not alone.

Comments (140)

• laurellogsdon
    8 years ago

I turned forty a month ago and was also diagnosed menopausal. My FSH was 67 and my estradiol 34. I stopped having periods in October of 2014, then had one Thanksgiving of 2015. I also have all of the symptoms, hot flashes, nausea off and on, headaches, stomach cramping, crying spells, angry, etc.. I also have Hoshimotos and hypothyroidism. I feel picked on going through an early onset menopause. Unlike others, I have recently started bio identical hormones because of my age and the risk of osteoporosis and heart disease with early menopause. Every thing I have read indicates the benefits out weigh the risks when in early menopause. It's nice reading others having the same symptoms. I also wanted to say thanks for the suggestion of calm o Tum.

• lh1997
    8 years ago

Hang in there Laurel! XO

• Related Discussions

Nausea during menopause

Q

Comments (1)
    Hi catmandu, I had a fair amount of nausea during perimenopause. I think it was my kind of hot flash. Have you tried ginger tea? That's supposed to help, although it didn't help me much. I also developed GERD during perimenopause, and that can definitely cause nausea. Be sure to take probiotics and eat yogurt too.
    ...See More

Perimenopause pains

Q

Comments (19)
    Hi Rudo, hope you are doing ok. Yes, you really need to get up every now and then, even to just go to restroom and take a stretch. I work with a computer a lot and my shoulders get so tense they hurt if i forget to stretch. Once I get home I have to do a little bit of tai Chi and that helps a lot. Any slow, measured movement will do, you dont have to know Tai Chi. But on the other hand, it sounds like you have something else going on, do you use a lot of salt in your diet? Seems your body is retaining water a lot, which can be normal if you sit a lot but I see you also have elevated BP, so that could be the culprit, is BP under control?. Lay off caffeine and try herbal teas. I know you said you walk a lot but don't overdo it, take a break sometimes and do different kind of exercise, like bike (recumbent one is great for leg circulation and nice cardio, plus saves your back). Key word is moderation. :) With our messed up metabolism its very easy to overdo and I find that is never a good thing. Strenuous exercise is as easy to bring on anxiety attack as any other kind of stress so we have to find a way to mellow. :) let me know if I can help with anythign else. Have a wonderful day, hugs :)
    ...See More

How do you know when menopause is over/almost over?

Q

Comments (34)
    Hello All, I am currently in menopause stage. I have all the symptoms listed, I had suffer over 3 years now. Recently I feel better by using DIM for stabilized my hormone naturally and using supreme royal jelly to help my sleep. (this will knock you out within 1 hr, this is all natural and have a lot of protein but it quite expensive) along with this you have to use stress relieve supplement to help your adrenal. I have no problem with the dryness. My skin still glowing ,everyone thought I am in 40 but I am in mid 50. I only have mild hot flash sometimes if I forget to take DIM. Also keep up with vitamin supplements daily. It is hard to digest all of these supplements but it will help. i hope this will be informative for everybody that have to suffer. I
    ...See More

nausea with hot flashes

Q

Comments (33)
    I have the exact same symptoms as aussiesoni. My hot flashes happen once a month and usually only one time, but it lasts for about 15 minutes (although it seems longer). It is always in the middle of the night, around 2 a.m. I suddenly wake up kind of panicky, not knowing why, then shortly get a radiating heat in my chest which then spreads outward to my extremities and then my arms and legs tingle and I feel like I am going to pass out. I also get the feeling of extreme nausea and the need to have a bowel movement. I lay as still as I can, practice deep breathing techniques and reassure myself that I am ok and this will pass. It feels like a panic attack and I'm sure I am anxious at the onset. I am 44 years old and had a total hysterectomy 7 years ago. Initially I was on Progesterone, but my gynecologist switched me to Estradiol and I have been on that for 6 years. The hot flashes have been a recent development and the first few times I had one, I thought I needed to go to the emergency room. Finding this website was a Godsend and I know I am not alone! My question is, can anything be done or is this something that I'll just have to deal with? I also need to say that I have had a kidney transplant and because of the medications I take for that, I cannot take just any over the counter medication or herbal supplement in case it interferes with my anti-rejection medication. And not that I wish this on anyone else, but I am glad that I am not the only one experiencing this and grateful for your stories! Best wishes!!!
    ...See More
  • greenwoman6877
    8 years ago

For nausea I drink lemon, ginger and maple syrup.

For excess bleeding, raspberry and lady mantel with maple syrup

For hot flashes, insomnia, etc, I take topical progestrone.

Still deal with what we think is gerd, go figure, never experienced thus much burping and chest pain before.

Also finally put an heart app monitor on my phone so I know my heart is functioning, (all tests are normal) cause that has been the scariest.

Basically spending my life at 48 trying to stay balanced and somewhat physically normal.

• evagozon6
    8 years ago

I'm 55 and last year nausea hit me like a brick wall. Lost 25 lbs. all my test came back good. Than anxiety was sky high I thought I'm having a heart attach. Than terrible brain zap follow with crying spell, dizzyness and fatigue, and insomnia. I lost all my hope. Than took some anxiety pills only 1/2 mg and now I sleeping well anxiety is much less and I have a life. Try e all the natural remedies... Did not work for me. Is only works if you have mild symptoms. God bless everybody and keep strong!

• maria_4389
    8 years ago

I am 49 4 days time iv not ad a period since October last year I get hot flushes bad anxiety panic attacks and feel very sick also I get pins and needles in my hands.

• icasey
    8 years ago

Oh girls so great not the o be alone. Nausea panicky anxiety always better in the evening. Two and a half years in. Not all the time get a Good two weeks then back to hormone he'll. Anxiety the worst of nausea not sure really. Hang in there yall

• icasey
    8 years ago

Can't even spell. Would love some kind of support group no one I know seems to be going through this and yet on line there are so many soulmates

• vscola121
    8 years ago

When do we get our 'minds' back?

• greenwoman6877
    8 years ago

I also hang in menopause chat, lots of people posting there as well, crazy how connected symptoms can be!

• katenuccicalo
    7 years ago

Wow. So grateful to find this. Morning sickness at 46???? I've been drinking Ginger Kombucha by Kevita. Helps with Nausea. Also take Dr Chi's Myomen and Metagenics Estrofactors. More manageable nausea and no more hot flashes

• mlee1985
    7 years ago

Wow, it's been a 14 year ride! Started at age 35 when I weaned my last child and now at 49, I am in the home stretch! Misdiagnosed more times that I can count! I finally realized about 4 years ago that I was in peri menopause. Tried everything under the sun to help, minus HRT. Changing my diet (which I did many times thru out the year because of IBS issues related to hormone roller coaster) this time I did it because I was gaining weight and I am way to vain to be heavy, just to be truthful. I started Barre class 5 days a week, along with TRX straps and I cut out any carb's and or sweet's or sugar of any kind. I have also been gluten free and dairy free for over 15 years. I lost 16 lbs and I no longer have food cravings or bloating or water retention.

I still have many symptoms but feel that exercise is the only thing that is helping me with my sanity. I also, look awesome! I will end with this: I was able to work thru some really intense childhood abuse that was repressed during this last 14 years that has not only changed my life, but given me my career and my ability to help others who have gone thru abuse. Even with 14 years of symptoms, I now have a life filled with joy, abundance and authenticity that had eluded me since birth. xo Melissa Lee

• lauriew99
    7 years ago

Hello everyone, I can't tell you how much better I feel just reading all of your posts. I am 53 and in February 2016 I was run over by the perimenopause bus. I had been having hot flashes for several years prior but what I am currently going through I was not prepared for. It all started with heart palpitations that scared be bad enough that I ended up in the hospital. All tests proved that my heart was normal. At the same time I began having anxiety, panic attacks, leg and arm pain, nausea, uncontrolable crying, inability to sleep and the constant thought that I was dying. I saw my gyno who felt that my symptoms were related to a thyroid problem. Blood work was done and I was notified by my gyno that I definitely had an issue with my thyroid and I was referred to an endocrinologist. Saw the endo doc 2 weeks ago only to find out that my thyroid is normal. The endo doc explained that my symptoms were all due to perimenopause. She gave me a script for progesterone micronized 100mg tabs. I have been on the meds for 12 days now. I am told that it wil take at least 30 days for the meds to start working. I am also taking lorazapam 1mg tablets at bed so I can sleep. Up until Feb I felt great. Now I feel pretty awful everyday. Oh, and 3 weeks ago I started having stomach trouble - diarrhea. I have lost 17 pounds since Feb 1 and feel like I look - awful. I am praying that the progesterone helps soon. I am 1 week late for my period this month. Thanks to everyone who has shared their stories. I don't feel alone anymore.

• janewushu
    7 years ago

I've come upon this forum cause I needed to know if there were other women with my nausea symptoms. I haven't have my period since jan this year and I'm 47. I know I am in peri/menopause... but doctor says nausea is not a symptom. After a normal blood test, where do you go from here? I've also read there hasn't been enough testing and research for menopause and nausea, WHY??? What we need is to gather all of our resources and do research on this subject! I'm coping with anti-nausea pills doc prescribed, and eating a lot of oranges... that seems to help. I'm down to 100 lbs from all the vomiting. Thank you ladies for posting and nice to know I'm not alone.

• katenuccicalo
    7 years ago

I've tried a lot of supplements not worth mentioning but just started one that's really working. I have nausea every day from waking until mid afternoon. It's definitely perimenopause. The supplement is called Macalife by Femenessence. They have a medical director who emails right back to questions. Already much less nausea after three days. Fingers crossed this will work. The Metagenics Estrofactors I mentioned above is a dud

• katenuccicalo
    7 years ago

• katenuccicalo
    7 years ago

Email is KateNucciCalo@yahoo.com. Happy to chat

• diane_areola
    7 years ago

Hi I am 50 and have missed my period for a month. For about a week I have been feeling nauseous and bloated every day with period pains.. I presume I am perimenopausal. Any natural suggestions for the nausea?

• katenuccicalo
    7 years ago

I'm using MacaLife by Femmenessence and it's helping with my nausea. I got it on Anazon.

• katenuccicalo
    7 years ago

Checking back in with ya'all - I've been using Femenessence MacaLife for 2 weeks and nausea 95% gone! I'm taking one when waking and one at 3 pm. After three weeks I'll increase to two on waking if nausea isn't 100% gone per company rep suggestion.

• coralsue3
    7 years ago

Where did you get the Mecalife from?

• katenuccicalo
    7 years ago

I got the MacaLife on Amazon.com https://www.femmenessence.com/ This is the web page and they list more buying options. My life is SO different than it was two weeks ago!!! I have no other affiliation with company other than gratitude :-)

• maria_4389
    7 years ago

Think I will try that x

• vscola121
    7 years ago

I used Femesence for a couple of months some time ago but it was not for nausea but for Peri support.

• tonyabrooks306
    7 years ago

Hi everyone, I am 46 and since I was in my late 30s I have been going through perimenopause. I had a great aunt who started in her 30s too. Back then, the hot flashes were awful and the sweating was terrible. Around that time, I started feeling nauseous right before my period hit. I am so thankful that I never had to experience that from the start at age 13. In 2011, I started having dizzy spells and would be sitting with my family in a restaurant and suddenly feel like I was at a distance in a tunnel. I would suddenly get violently nauseous and have panic attacks with it. Then in late 2011 and throughout most of 2012, I started having joint pain and my heart started palpitating on me to add to the rest of the "fun" and my nausea would get worse. In 2013, I ended up in the ER due to just out of the blue vomiting and the dr had no idea what was wrong with me. Now, I am skipping periods every other month and my memory is terrible! I am like a walking poster person for the worst Menopause symptoms. I am fighting nausea as I type and I find it odd that doctors don't admit to nausea being a sign of perimenopause. My doctors told me that I am too young to be menopausal. I informed them of my great aunt who went through menopause in her late 30s. Oh, let's not forget the cold flashes! After having hot flashes where you feel like you are going to catch on fire, the cold flashes hit and leave you shivering! This is so cruel! The mood swings are crazy and depression just makes you want to cry. How much longer does this stuff last? My mother in law died at age 48 due to her problems with Menopause and heavy bleeding. She got a bad blood transfusion and contracted Lupus and other diseases 5 years before she passed away. So, it is very scary and I wish everyone else good luck and I hope we can make it through to the other side.

• samosc
    7 years ago

I am 56 years old. I have been on the maca a supplement called Femmenessence for over 1 year. It has helped my energy level , sleep quality , depression/anxiety swings, and digestion. It and my vitamin D have been life savers during these menopausal years. I got off of these supplements for about three months at a practitioner's suggestion. Nothing happened at first. After about three months I took noticed that I was having all of the same problems as before. I went back on the Maca and the vitamin D and I was restored to my improved health in about two weeks. I believe this tells me that I can probably cut back on my dosage and still keep the benefits. I do still have periodic bouts of nausea but it is nothing compared to the daily nausea and cramping bowel movements that I was having.

I feel for all you ladies who are struggling. Good luck !!!!

• Linda Hunt
    7 years ago

I'm so glad I found this board as I think I'm losing my mind. I'm 51, regular periods STILL but have also started experiencing nausea, fogginess, weight gain for no good reason and more anxiety than usual. It seems to peak around my ovulation time? I've also had an achy back. I'm a fitness instructor and a runner but the past year or two my energy level sucks! I get horrible night sweats too. I really feel "off" and have been wondering if it's linked to perimenopause! My periods are still regular but very heavy. My blood work has come back normal. I just hate feeling like this, it's scary and depressing!

• margootjeg
    7 years ago

Thank you all. Have been in perimenopause for 3 years. Recently pattern changed from very frequent heavy bleeding with bloating to no bleeding with gerd and constant nausea and fatigue (and constant burping). Will try the remedies suggested. It helps already knowing I am not the only one. Hang in there, sistas

• Laura Kirchgessner
    7 years ago

I'm so glad I found this sight. I get the nausea about 5 days before my period actually arrives. I've been in peri since I was 36...now 43. Doctors do the bloodwork and look at me as if I'm crazy because nothing shows up...but I KNOW how I feel. The nausea is recent as of this year...but I feel for all you ladies that are suffering with this. I have a 12 year old autistic daughter and when mommy doesn't feel up to the daily challenge that makes it very hard. I too have lost weight and lack an appetite, but luckily don't vomit, just constantly feel queasy for 5-7 days before and sometimes a day or two during ovulation. My cycles keep changing first it was 28-30 days...now it's anywhere from 21-30 days and it comes full on and then disappears for a day or two, comes back for maybe a day..goes away and then a day or so later I get like a "spotting" or just brown discharge. Really strange how our bodies work! Anyhow, all that to say I'm glad to know I'm not alone and to share so that someone else knows this is all perfectly normal I suppose. But like all the others on her, I just want to feel like me again and resume my normal life. Some days I feel as though I could stay in bed all day and all night and still be tired. The fatique and nausea are the worst. I did have the hot flashes and night sweats years ago...but they seem to be replaced by the PMS rage, nausea and fatigue these days and irritability. THings that never bothered me before, now are unbearable some days! OH well, welcome to being a middle aged woman I guess! Good luck to all my co-sufferers on here, its nice to know we can all help each other on the journey!

• Connie Ahrens
    7 years ago

I am 46 and was suffering from severe nausea due to menopause. My family physician had no suggestions for me. After losing 40 lbs and enduring three months of nausea I went to my OB and after numerous tests all negative, they suggested B12 Complex once a day. It doesn't work for everyone, but works for some. It changed my life, and no more nausea. It was a miracle.

• Kimberly Bennett-Walsdorf
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Ladies, you have no idea how happy I am to find all of you!! I'm 54, started having very occasional morning nause and vomiting about a year ago. I would vomit then be fine. I also had palpitations nearly every day, difficulty sleeping...other than that I was fine. I was still having monthly periods, though usually light. Then on September 22 everything changed. Severe nause, vomiting...ended up going to ER in Las Vegas by ambulance. I was getting short of breath and thought I was having a heart attack. I wasn't,

Anti nausea med helped for a few days, but I only had a few pills prescribed in ER.

Then I began having severe nausea to the point of being bedridden for 5-6 hours a day. Barely ate and lost 20 pounds. Burping a lot....Gastroenterologist did endoscopy and diagnosed gastritis. Meds did not help. He then diagnosed a non functioning gallbladder and wants to remove it. I was not convinced. And have not had it removed. I do not get sick when I eat.

I started taking antianxiy meds, very low dose and found that they stopped the nausea, I was able to sleep and I was able to eat. Mentioned this to my gastroenterologist and he fired me as a patient!!! He said the reason that the antiaxiety meds helped is because I don't care that I am sick.

I have since seen two other gastroenterologist both say not to remove the gallbladder since I do not have typical gallbladder symptoms. In the past few days I have noticed that my nipples are very tender and I have only had two periods in 5 months. I have also noticed that I am cold at times and wake up hot at others . I think this is all related to menopause!!! How long do symptoms last?? I'm pretty sure my GP is not going to want to continue giving me a prescription for the antiaxiety meds for long, but they have seriously saved me.

• tonyabrooks306
    7 years ago

Hi Kim, I wonder why drs refuse to believe that nausea & vomiting go hand in hand with PMS and Menopause? So many women are suffering while doctors scratch their heads. I can say that I started the hot flashes and sweating back in my 30s. I am now heading towards 47 and wish that this crap would hurry up and end. But it seems like these things happen in phases and at times they calm down and other times they flare up worse. The nausea thing is very aggravating. As of now, my periods are coming every other month and some are heavy and others light. I wish I could tell you exactly how long this stuff lasts, but I don't think anyone knows. These freaking hormones are on a crazy rollercoaster and each person is different. Hope you feel better soon. :)

• lifecheats
    7 years ago

I am only 4 months into this hell and already am praying/ begging for it to end. I did not do the whole pregnancy hormone well at all. Infact after my second kid, my sister asked me to not have anymore.

I have a history of Panic/Anxiety/Depression and these symptoms are as bad or stronger than I have had to deal with since the very beginning of my panic/anxiety diagnosis.

For two years, I had missed periods the beginning of the year. Seemed like clock work... A birthday present from above because the missed periods fell around my birthday. Then this past November, I suddenly found myself thrown back in the depths of Panic Hell. The stomach/gravity dropping feeling followed by creepy crawly skin sensations, nausea, rapid heartbeat, chills - heat- chills - heat, water retention (i have NEVER had water retention like this), bloating that feels like I am 6 months or more pregnant. (that foot in the diaphragm feeling, and fear. I began bleeding the Friday after Thanksgiving and have only had like three weeks since without bleeding and dropping huge clots. and not in week clumps, i am talking two days here.. four days here. Oh, I have to come out of this denial.. i also put on 23 lbs in the past 4 months. Negative pregnancy. My hormones do not prove menopause yet, although my testosterone is very low but not low enough. But I am in the throws of peri-menopause. My mom started about this time too. Worse was my doctor only said to me "this is not a med issue" and threw me to his in house psych who told that I need to learn how to cope with my mental health issues, Panic attacks and major insomnia adding sleep deprivation on top. They not only forced me to go without any added medical aid, they took away my monthly minimal supply of what i called "my rescue" ativan for when the panic came too fast or when I was sleeping so coping skills were not enough. I only use about 5 a month. They treated me like I was an addict.

I can not handle this. I am losing my mind. I am trying to find ways to cope. Trying to find what triggers these bouts of nausea, gas, indigestion, hot/cold flashes, fear/panic feeling, creepy crawling skin, insomnia, emotional rollercoaster, insomnia, bloating, pregnant feeling, hormonal, misery. i have had panic attacks so bad that i had to get out of my own car. And THAT use to be one of coping techniques, to go sit in my car where i felt safe. All those windows to see all around me, yet in MY space. I am driving my kids crazy. (divorced mother of two, teenage daughter and 11 year old son.. they live with me.)

I do not know if I can get through another month of this.. and I do not think that i will ever be able to do this for a year; let alone years. How have women survived this? It is not fair. When I was a teenager - young adult, I always said i was never having kids until they grew them in test tubes because I could not handle the anxiety and hormonal stuff. I NEVER thought that I would be FORCED by life into THIS hell! I feel cheated. I gave in to life and had two awesome kids, but only got through that by pushing myself through the misery of those 10 months thinking "ok...... i get the end reward (the kids) and NEVER have to feel this again." Well life, you cheated, betrayed, deceived, and with held the fact that in the end there was a hell longer and as bad or worse than pregnancy.

• katenuccicalo
    7 years ago

I can't offer you a solution but I can offer you compassion and the knowledge that you are not alone. I too have anxiety and panic attacks thrown into the mix of perimenopause. I listen to some meditations on YouTube, especially those from Michael Sealey - to try to calm down and cope. I also take comfort in the fact that when I ask my friends in their 60's what perimenopause was like for them, they tell me they can't remember. I truly know what you are going through and I feel for you. Please reach out again if you are feeling terrible.

-Kate

• G Lisa Wright
    7 years ago

Thank you ladies for sharing your symptoms. I was worried something else could be wrong. I have all the basic symptoms. I had a hysterectomy about 10yr ago. 1 ovary left in, I knew the day it stopped working. Sounds odd but I felt different. I gained weight in what seemed like over night. I want to try something any thing to help with symptoms. Please let me know what works best for most. Thanks again and I hope you all feel better and me too.

• katenuccicalo
    7 years ago

Femmenessence Mace Life or Macapause - Amazon!!!

• shopping1959
    7 years ago

Hi Ladies..I have so many of these symptoms and more. However getting back to the original comment about nausea. I tried everything for the nausea..peppermint pills, digestive oils, probiotics (which are helpful with many digestive issues if you get the right one). I finally decided to try colloidal silver which I have been using for 15 years for everything from a cut to gum infections in my cat. I never thought about drinking it for nausea. I read up on it and many people take it for digestive issues. What did I have to lose? Well...it works for me! I drink about a 1/2 ounce or so each morning and it helps tremendously. I will also take bit more when I am feeling especially bad. PLEASE do your own research though. Some people will say it is never a good idea to ingest a heavy metal. I read all the info and decided to try it. I'm hoping I won't have to take it forever. You can order a kit with silver rods for about $100 and make your own with distilled water as it is very expensive in the stores. This might seem like a lot but silver has so many beneficial uses it is well worth it. To the comment above..I bought the Femmenessence Maca Life and heard it works great but I tried the silver first and have not had a chance to try it. I'm hoping it helps with many of the other symptoms. Hope this helps someone.

• tonyabrooks306
    6 years ago

I am back and I have been awake all night with nausea. It calms a while and then returns and makes me shake. I hate nausea! I would rather deal with full blown cramps! My period is very late and I feel like I am losing my mind. I could scream, but my husband would flip out. I have been having panic attacks all night and am sleepy. I can't lay down due to the nausea that keeps returning. UGH. I had been drinking chamomile tea and that seems to calm me, but I took two Benyadryl a while back because they usually help fight the nausea. Not this time. This is pure misery! Back in March on the 18th, I ended up in ER with chest pains and got an all night stay in the cardiac area. But it was my acid reflux and panic attacks. They just do not want to give a prescription for anti-anxiety meds for me. I turn 47 this fall if nothing happens. This is awful. And I found out that my mom who will be 67 on Christmas has started bleeding again. The drs want her to have a hysterectomy. I can't help worrying/panicking if this will happen to me. Did I mention how much I hate nausea? T_T

• Heidi Fortier
    6 years ago

I am so glad to read I'm not the only one experiencing pre-menopausal nausea. I have had "morning sickness" for almost two months. Sometimes it eases up after a few hours, sometimes it lasts all day. I feel like I'm losing my mind with the constant nausea so it is so good to hear I'm not the only one. I'm going to ask my doctor to check hormone levels and see if birth control pills or something else will help. I'm on prescription medication for nausea and sometimes it helps but most times it provides no relief. Nausea is worst than pain - it's so debilitating.

• katenuccicalo
    6 years ago

Ginger for nausea - better than prescriptions. I use Traditional Medicinal brand ginger tea - steep it for a stronger tea.

• tonyabrooks306
    6 years ago

Dramamine -[ginger capsules] work well. I took two of them this morning and they settled my stomach rather fast. I burped ginger, but that was much better than being nauseous. I need to get some ginger tea.

• tonyabrooks306
    6 years ago

For indigestion and acid reflux that accompanies these crappy bouts, I have found that a smooth peanut butter sandwich or just eating some peanut butter helps.

• naynay974
    6 years ago

hello, i stumbled across this site, as I may be having perimeno nausea. I know it's been a long time since some of you were on here....so I was just wondering if anyone has had relief from this horrible symptom? My doctor doesn't think it's peri-menopause, so I've been having workups with specialists. I'm losing weight from the nausea. Other symptoms that started with all of this were panic attacks, joint pain, a few hot flashes in May, night sweats in May, headaches.

• katenuccicalo
    6 years ago

That sounds exactly like me - nausea, panic attacks, hot flashes and night sweats. Yup Perimenopuase. For about a year I used Femmenesscence MacaLife and it worked great for me - then it stopped working and I have recently started low dose birth control pills and almost all my symptoms are gone.

• naynay974
    6 years ago

I'm 45 and have never had an anxiety/panic attacks, so it was hard to explain the feeling to my husband (he kept taking me to the ER)! Once there they would find nothing wrong except fast heart rate and anemia-never did any doctor suggest peri-meno. I googled femmenesscence macalife and may try it. The hot flashes have been gone for a couple of months. My honest worst symptom is the nausea and feeling of uneasiness which is way worse in the mornings. Because I've had so many tests I've now been diagnosed with GERD as well and I never have any heartburn, but they're telling me I have it-go figure. Thanks for the suggestion.

• katenuccicalo
    6 years ago

You are so welcome. I spent years going to doctors getting all kinds of strange diagnosis. Finally I entered all my symptoms into Google and Menopause came back. Never thought of it and neither did the zillion doctors I saw. So glad you are figuring this out :-). Ps I drink ginger tea by Traditional Medicinals. Make it strong. Really helps my am nausea.

• tonyabrooks306
    6 years ago

I'm back. I thought having nausea was bad, but having nausea with uterine cramps that double me over is much worse. I noticed that I was here last year around this time, suffering. I've been sweating and freezing at the same time as well as having a heavy period with bad cramps and then nauseous right on top of all that. I'm just 47 and don't know if I can survive this mess.

• katenuccicalo
    6 years ago

i finally gave up with the natural remedies and now I take low-dose birth control pills - no more symptoms!

• samosc
    6 years ago

I'm back. I started having spells of nausea and anxiety around 50 years old. My periods completely stopped when I turned 54. The extreme nausea and anxiety stopped when I was about 56 and 1/2. I am now 57 and I occasionally have mild nausea and anxiety , but it seems to be happening less and less. I am convinced it has been due to menopausal changes. I still have mild cold and hot flashes but that is nothing compared to the nausea and anxiety I was having. Maca really helped me have good energy. I would drink natural Gatorade or eat some activia yogurt for the nausea. Some digestive enzymes and kang ning wan ( Chinese digestion formula) really helped with the nausea also.

I feel like the worst is over. Halleluia!

hang in there ladies. This too shall pass.

• daphndyl2009
    6 years ago

I just want to say that NONE OF US are alone or crazy. My story is long... PMS started as a young teen and I had no idea what was going on. It eventually led to self-medicating, then to a slow and painful lifestyle of extreme addiction. Going on three years sober I'm grateful that I am now able to feel and understand my body to some degree. However (in a nutshell) since I hit my 40s - I'm now 42- the PMS has WORSENED. Not only the familiar severe anxiety that I have struggled with since a young teen but this horrible nausea that persists for up to two and a half weeks out of every month. I just started a birth control pill about a month ago and I'm praying that it works. I wish there would be more medical attention given to women's bodies and hormones and potential relief for some of the symptoms that are so debilitating. I have so many great things to be thankful for but I still don't feel like I can function at 100%, at least the hundred percent that I expect of myself! Thanks for listening. BTW I feel solid spiritually and I have a very healthy diet and exercise routine. Those help, I KNOW!! Any encouragement or suggestions welcome️

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor