SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtn_girl

Very long menstrual period

Mtn_Girl
9 years ago

Hello, I've been worrying for the past few days, can't sleep or eat or function normally. I am 43 years old and believe just entered the perimenopause stage. I am experiencing some of the symptoms, very few , however they don't bother me that much. I have not experienced hot flashes, changes of mood or anything serious, just feel uneasy from time to time, tingling in my legs, trouble with sleeping. I went to see my doctor and have done the necessary tests, Everything came out just perfect. My hormones level is perfect and the doctor said it doesn't indicate the perimenopause. After looking up on the internet I can say that my symptoms are totally perimenopausal. My first question is - is it possible for hormones to be all right and still be in a perimenopause stage? I had a slightly high pulse, so the doctor prescribed Propranolol.
But that is not what worries me. Its my period. My entire life my periods were 3-5 days long, very regular. Four months ago I had period that last 2 days and after couple of days it came back and lasted 10 days. Next month it was normal. last month it was very heavy, lasted 10 days. This month I am on a 18th day of my period!( not too heavy). I am terrified. I do have a small fibroid on my uterus but the doctor said no need to remove it. The 18th day. I am so scared, although read that sometimes in a perimenopause some women experience longer period ( up to 12 days) but 18??? I don't have a medical insurance anymore. Cant afford to buy one and the state terminated my free medical insurance. I cannot afford to go to the doctor. I just want to know, is there something horrible happening to me? Is this bleeding ever going to stop? Am I going to be ok? Did any one had a period that long? I am so shaken up that I can't even focus at work, drive my car, sleep at night.
Thank you for your response.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996