SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
t2013_gw

Do I need progesterone?

T2013
10 years ago

I'm in perimenopause and I have been suffering from all kinds of different symptoms for about 4 years now. It's a very frustrating journey as all my tests appear to come out "normal" although my doctor agrees that hormones can fluctuate so wildly you can't look at just one blood test. I am SO tired of being utterly exhausted almost lethargic like I have the flu but I don't. I don't sleep well but even if I do it doesn't feel like it. I have small children at home and do NOT have time to indulge in naps or much rest during the day (I had my last child at age 39 I'm almost 43 now).

I've done tons and tons of online research and I personally think I need progesterone. I have friends who take it and say it did wonders for them. From what I've read, most women once they hit around 40 could benefit from natural progesterone.

I went to the Dr. the other day and he tested my hormones again. My results came through so I have seen them so I'm waiting for his call this week. If any of you understand these kinds of things I'd like to know what you think. My thyroid is great. It's been tested 3 times in the last year and the numbers have remained consistent. My estradiol is 222 pg/ml and my progesterone is 5.8 ng/ml (this is day 20 of my cycle).

In a new book I'm reading it says that progesterone levels are best between 10-20 ng/ml.

Anyone with experience in this? If my doctor calls and says my levels are normal I'm going to scream. SOMETHING is wrong. I feel like crap most days although I'll have random days where I feel terrific but it never lasts. I am within a normal weight and healthy. I am not on any prescription meds, I do not smoke or drink and live a fairly active life with 5 kids. I have to get to the bottom of this.

I also have some manageable anxiety that seems to come and go among my list of symptoms.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Comment (1)

Sponsored