Suffering

Posted by Shehada (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 18, 13 at 11:59

I am SOrry

This post was edited by Shehada on Wed, Jan 22, 14 at 10:26

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Suffering

Shehada, I'm sorry that you and your partner are having this rough time. Menopause can cause all kinds of mood swings and anxiety. She's riding a roller coaster that has no "off" switch. I see that you care about her, and that you are trying to understand what this time of life brings her. (I'm assuming that your diagnosis of menopause was from a doctor, or other medical professional. She's quite young for menopause; if she is self-diagnosing, there may be other things going on.)

However. That does not absolve her for her actions. Women in menopause are affected by the hormonal storm going on in their bodies, but they are not controlled by it. They are not helpless to control their actions and their words. She is responsible for these cruel things that she is saying and doing, not you.

She may be your beacon, but you don't have to allow yourself to be verbally and emotionally abused like this. Find a counselor or therapist who can help you understand what is driving her, and where your boundaries belong. Then you can make a decision about how you want to live the rest of your life. Just remember, you can't make her act differently. She has total control over her words and actions. You can only control how you respond.

o
RE: Suffering

Vjrnts, thanks for your reply....
i guess i was an optimist by thinking the hormones are responsible for the complete change....she wasn't self diagnosed a doc did that.
thank you for the reply, I appreciate it.

some ships are meant to wander forever.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here