Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
When you KNEW you were (peri)menopausal

Posted by rob333 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 24, 09 at 11:34

Even if your doctor disagreed, especially if your doctor disagreed. I was scanning the posts and some sounds familiar. I had constant bleeding a couple of years ago at the age of 39 or so; the OB/GYN didn't know why, but we did a uterine ablation. Since then, I wake up every night so hot I can't sleep and have to cool down before I can return to sleep. I can't help but think, I'll look back on this and say yep, that was the beginning. I even wished I had a bed that was cooling like the opposite of an electric blanket. Or like the Chillow some of you suggested.

I bet you guys know in hindsight when it was even though no one was listening. Is there a big gap beteween when you knew and when you were "diagnosed"?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: When you KNEW you were (peri)menopausal

I like you had cnstant bleeding. I had a D & C for that. The bleeding stopped except for the odd spotting and I went into menopause right after that

o
RE: When you KNEW you were (peri)menopausal

I didn't start with constant bleeding...but my periods would be so heavy I literally could not leave the house when that was going on. My doctor wasn't concerned, only told me if I started passing blood clots the size of a 50 cent piece THEN we would need to discuss options. I would have less than two weeks between periods but at least it wasn't every day all month. The high anxiety was the symptom that sent me to the doctor because I was certain I was having a nervous breakdown. Looking back now...the beginning of feeling like I was 'out-of-control'...'out of whack' with what used to be a normal life was the beginning of the change.

Now I'm just waiting to get to the other side and hopefully find what's left of my brain there and pick up the pieces and move on!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here