Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Prempro Withdrawal

Posted by summermist (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 19, 09 at 11:07

Has anyone just stopped taking prempro without weening themselves off of it? I am on the lowest dosage and only take it once a day. I have been on it for 2 months now but I can't afford it. I am also afraid of some of the risk fractors like cancer. Cancer runs in both sides of my family. Out of my immediate family, I am the only one that has not had cancer. I took my last pill yesterday. I have no more and hoping that nothing horrible will happen to me. I called my doctor this week twice and never received a call back. Anyone out there been here done that?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Prempro Withdrawal

I was in menopause for a 8 years and never got over having hot flashes. I went on hormone replacement--not prempro-- to try and get a handle on things. After a year I quit taking them --like you all at once and started drinking soy milk--I liked the chocolate. The hot flashes returned but not as often and gradually got less and less until they stopped.

Soy has natural plant estrogen.

I'd say nothing horrible will happen to you but you may get some menopause symptoms back.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here