SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elaine_gw

Sleeping Problems

Elaine
22 years ago

I just posted this on the Health forum - but I'm desperate for help....

I know alot of people suffer from insomnia, but I am ready to go out of my mind!! I have had my troubles with sleeping for at least 3 years now. But, they would be on and off and I could manage. Then, at least 3-4 months ago, I started to have trouble every night. At first, I would fall asleep without any trouble, but wake up 3 hours later and not fall back to sleep. Then, I couldn't fall asleep and would lay there all night. The Dr. gave me sleeping pills because I was desperate. It is now worse than ever. I don't take the pills all the time. Usually, I take it once or twice a week, just to get some sleep. But, I am now awake EVERY night - ALL NIGHT LONG. I can't say I'm laying there with my eyes wide open, because I'm not. I am totally exhausted and feel like I am "resting" all night. I am awake and I know I'm awake. But, I have not fallen asleep and slept one full night in months.

I am 48 yrs old, I take a low dose birth control pill to help my hormone levels. I take a supplement called Estrace, one-a-day vitamin, Vit B-6, B-12, C, E and high blood pressure pills in the morning. I exercise to try to help me sleep (everyone says its great for sleeping), I started drinking a glass of Soy milk in the evening (also heard it helps you sleep), I started doing yoga to help me sleep. NOTHING IS WORKING AND I'M DESPERATE!!!

I'm not stressed in my life, don't have things "on my mind" to stop me from sleeping. I just can't figure this out. But, I need help!!!

Comments (43)

Sponsored