Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
painful breast

Posted by beauty2009 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 13, 09 at 3:35

Does anybody out there suffer from painful breasts i have been in peri for a year now and ive noticed over this last year i have considerable pain in my right breast and armpit in particular ive been taking primrose oil with vit e for about 4 months now and its not really helping with the breast pain ive been to see the doctor about 4 times now and she reckons its swollen lymph glands in my armpit which she reckons is swelling periodically ive had to go back now and requested an appointment with the breast clinic im really worried about this i have noticed some slight tenderness in the left breast recently as well the doc says there are no ominous lumps but im scared because its so tender and painful nearly all the time now do any of you ladies out there have anything like this or am i alone with this

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: painful breast

I have fibra cystic breast disease and the cysts will swell and become painful occasionally--not often and the duration is always different. I find if I stay away from tight bras it helps and when it happens I don't wear a bra if I can help it. There is nothing to be done about it except keep a close watch for cancer, which I do. The cysts may or may not turn that way, but I've had this since my son was born 40 years ago.

If you've been checked out for cancer and lumps, I wouldn't worry. Ditch your bras and just use them when you are going out. If you are small breasted then do without them if you can.

o

I had tender breasts for a number of years when I first started up perimenopause.

o

Beauty, I am glad to hear you are going to a breast clinic. I am BC survivor, 1 yr now, and although I did not have painful breasts, I did have a large lump. I was told by my doctor that it was just an enlarged lymph node and not to worry about it. So I didn't. Almost a year later, next mamo, and biopsy, turns out it WAS cancer. So, because nothing was done to rule out cancer, it was given another year to grow. Please get cancer RULED OUT. Sore breasts are easier to deal with than cancer.
Lori

o

Hi twolips im relieved to know that you have beat your BC , ive now got an appointment for 29th sept for the breast clinic , ive noticed since ive been having this thing checked out about 5 x now by 2 different docs i do not have any lumps and the swelling seems to be periodical ,the pain comes and goes also , i did have some problems with this breast a long time ago i had blocked milk ducts after breast feeding my son , I am concerned but at the same time im optimistic ,i havehad loads of funky symptoms since i started with peri last sept including palpatations ,hot flushes day and night mood swings fatigue breast tenderness and pain recurring chest infections lol thanks for your input i have had some invaluable advice he4re and take it all on board

o

"Concerned and optimistic", that is the way to go! Pretty much how I take things now. Concerned in the fact that I make sure I keep up with my doctor appts and tests to make sure I don't get it back or get mets, but optimistic that I won't! Good luck on your appt the 29th, please let us know what happens.
Lori

o

Hi twolips i wil definatly be back on to let you know how i get on im definatly doing the right thing getting it checked out i know that much like i said i am trying to be positive and optomistic its the only way to go otherwise i think id go insane this is such a difficult time in out lives aint it , im so pleased you have beat the monster gud for you hun , you gotta remain positive girlfriend , i am a fighter like you obviously are , how old are you lori? are you perimenopausal ? i am 46 and had a hysterectomy when i was 30 had 1 ovary left in and had no symptoms of menopause until last sept i started with palps like a bolt out of the blue then this year the flushes and everything started what a minefield of confusion , all i seem to do these days i fill in my monthly symptom checker chart do research and comfort myself by coming on here everyday to reassure myself the way i am feeling is quite usual for my age ,my fella is only 27 but we have been together for 11 yrs and he is very patient and understanding he deserves a medal lately i swear anyway take care i look forward to another chat to you ok shelly ps i am in England where are you?

o

Beauty, I am 51. (gosh I can't even believe that!)Don't feel it or look it (IMHO)
I had hysterectomy when I was 40, uterus only removed. Chemo treatment threw me into menopause and my cancer was ER+ PR+, which means it was fed by estrogen and progesteron. So I have to take hormone blockers to stop my body from making them. Which means my symptons for menopause are 100x worse than normal!
Lori

o

Hi lori oh you poor thing and i thaught i had it rough oh my god i feel such a wimp and a moaning cow right now how on earth did you cope im sooooo glad you are ok now hun i really feel for you , im gonna pull myt stupid self together now anyway am off to turkey for 1 week but ill speask to you asap ok take care chick shelly x

o

Shelly, I am laughing at your comments! No need to feel sorry, or like a wimp. And you certainly do not need to refer to yourself as stupid! I am fine and life is good! I just deal with the menopause stuff and get through the hot flashes, although night time is the worse!

Have a safe flight and a great time in Turkey. Anxious for you to get back and hopefully able to figure out what the problem is.

Lori

o

Hi twolips i had a lovely holiday in turkey ive been to the breast clinic had mamogram and ultrasound and what a relief everything is fine they did notice a few very tiny cysts on the r breast but definatly nothing to worry about cannot tell you how relieved i am now they reckon the swelling under my armpit is related to peri nothing to worry about and when i awctually hit meno it should cease so its all good hope your ok shelly x

o

Good news Shelly! So glad to hear it is nothing to worry about.
All is great with me, flying to Hawaii in the morning. Getting married!
Take care and stay healthy!
Lori

o

Hi twolips how did your wedding go ? i hope you had a wonderful day hun,where do you live / I am in england unfortunatly i hate the weather here I think if i lived somewhere that was warm and sunny all the time i would be happier and healthier lol,do you ever get a whooshing type feeling in your breasts ? i seem to get it a bit lately anyway hope your happy and healthy xx shelly

o

Hi twolips ive had to go back to the doctor with this swelling in my armpit that the doctor said was swollen lymph glands , my doctor has now sent me for an x ray on my chest lungs and spine dont know what all that means but im really worried now gotta wait a week before i get the results of that , im also on another week of anti biotics i seem to have had 1 course after another this year, i must admit after a course of antibiotics the pain in my armpit and breast does seem to lessen so im thinking maybe its a deep rooted infection in the lymph glands that just hasnt cleared properly at least thats what im hoping i dont have a lump its a swelling,i feel so tired all the time but thats probably part of my peri i have been having the hot sweats a lot lately anyway ill find out in a week if theres anything really wrong heres hoping take care shelly

o

Hi Shelly,
Sorry to hear you are still having issues. Do not stop until you are satisfied with your results. Get a second opinion if need be.
The wedding was great, but the weather in Hawaii was very hot and humid and no tradewinds to cool things off while we were there. So needless to say, I had hot flash on top of hot flash, I was actually glad to go home! It also played havok with my hair (the frizzy chemo curls)!
I live in Northern Arizona, in the mountains. Sunny probably 95% of the time and dry weather. I love it, I am originally from Michigan though.
Hope you get some answers soon!
Lori

o

Hi Im having discomfort and dull pain mostly on my left breast but also on breastbone, seems to be constant and has been around 6 weeks now. Had chest xray which came back clear now waiting for breast clinic appointment. So getting me down although you try not to worry. Anyone with same problem.

Im 55, post memopasal and have had no other symptons

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here