SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lobsterbird

I just had the weirdest experience

lobsterbird
16 years ago

I'm 50 and recently skipped two periods for the first time. I did a pregnancy test, and it was negative. About two weeks ago I started to develop a heavy and tight feeling in the pelvic region, as well as some nausea. I'm practically a stranger to yeast and UTIs, but there was some swelling and minor discharge. I decided to do a Monostat one-shot yeast treatment (dumb) and the condition improved in a few days. Almost a week after treatment, the feeling resumed and intensified. This was on Friday afternoon. I considered calling my gyne, but it was late and I thought I'd just wait until Monday morning. (double dumb) Anyway, by Saturday night I was completely miserable and freaked out. I did some internet research, which is a sure way to push yourself over the edge with worry. Sunday night I was so uncomfortable I hardly slept, and by 8:15 Mon. morning I was on the phone with my doctor's office and scheduled a 9:30 appt. The doctor did an internal exam, and said everything felt normal -- uterus was normal size and wasn't prolapsed, ovaries seemed fine. He gave me a prescription to get bloodwork and an ultrasound just to make sure.

The exam had been painful, and afterward I was in even more pain. After speaking to the doctor I went out front to make a follow up appt, and I was in such pain that I started to pass out. They took me back to an exam room and they called my husband into the room. They decided to call the ER and told my husband to take me over and they would probably do all the tests immediately.

I could hardly walk and don't remember much of the whole thing, except that it felt so other-worldly. My husband thinks I was in shock from the pain. Anyway, in the ER they did further internal exams, as well as the internal ultrasound, bloodwork, and urinalysis. Everything was completely normal for the ultrasound, bloodwork and urinalysis, and they confirmed I wasn't pregnant. By the end of the afternoon, the pain started to subside, but I was still weak. They gave me Naproxen for pain and inflammation. I went home and had dinner because I hadn't eaten anything since breakfast. I ended up feeling better than I had in several days.

Today, I'm headachey and still wiped out, but don't have nearly as much pain. It feels like it's subsiding. The doctor in the ER told me that all they could rule out what it wasn't, but couldn't tell me what it was. I will have to go to my doctor's and arrange for further tests.

So, here I am, the crisis is over, and the pain and soreness are subsiding. I have an appt. with my regular doctor on Thurs. and a follow-up with the gyne. on Friday. Weird, huh? Have any of you ever had anything like this happen to you?

Tina

P.S. -- I had Lyme this past summer and took antibiotics for 28 days. I'm wondering if my system is all out of wack from killing all the good bacteria as well as the bad. I read that the good bacteria helps your body utilize your hormones, so maybe this might be contributing/causing problems?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Pickerington