SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
popi_gw

feelings hysterectomy post op

popi_gw
12 years ago

Hi gals

I had my operation a week ago, everything taken out due to a large fibroid that was dancing around on my bladder.

A week later, I can say that I am glad it is all over. But it is not all roses so far. I guess I am just looking to vent about my mixed emotions with it all.

I have suffered an aweful bought of constipation from all the drugs pumped into me, so that is today's mountain to sort out. I have read everything about constipation on the internet and have "armed" myself with piles of prunes, jugs of water, so much fibre, it is scrubbing my insides. I think I may have sorted that now !

I have organised hubbie to do the shopping, and housework, this is a first for him after me doing it all for 28years. Silly old me...I have waited for this day forever, so he could walk in my shoes for a while, but you know, I shed a little tear today because I missed doing things for him !

My 19 son has been unusually kind to me, chatting to me, comes home a bit earlier from uni, has done shopping for me with a shopping bag. Although he did not visit me in hospital or wish me a happy operation, he has clearly thought about how old mum might need a hand. Which I am touched by.

My 24 year old daughter has been here cooking the best meal I have ever tasted, I never knew she could cook so well !

My Indian mother-in-law came on the bus today to deliver dinner for us, what a treasure.

So I am well looked after and blessed with wonderful people who are helping me to get back to normal.

I will be convalescing for 2 months, away from work, just hanging around home. MMMmmmmm

I feel a little lost from loosing my body parts, it is very strange.

Thanks for letting me blab on..

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz