Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chronic itch on neck

Posted by jenn (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 17, 06 at 23:09

I read a list of peri-menopause / menopause symptoms once that included itchy spots.

Well I have one at the base of my neck where it meets my shoulder. It started 8 or 9 years ago(!!) and feels like ants are crawling around in this spot. I asked Hubby to look closely to see if he can see anything, and he said there is nothing there. When it starts, it drives me crazy!! This is the only spot I have like this.

Does anyone else have anything like this?

Jen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chronic itch on neck

Hi Jenn,
I used to have an itchy neck alot....and it was mostly on one side, and where my neck met my shoulder. It would drive me crazy. Now that you mention it, it did happen during perimenopause, but has subsided. I think I figured out that it happens when I drink milk. Can you associate it with any food you've had? It might be a bit of a food "allergy" or intolerance.
It used to drive me whacky, and the only thing that would sort of help, would be to take a shower. Anti-itch creams only made it worse.

o
RE: Chronic itch on neck

My feet itch like a major case of hives... but it goes away when I take my progesterone cream... took me forEVER to figure that out.. I used Benadryl, Benadryl lotion, sticking my feet in cold water.... and screaming. :o) I also found out that it seemed to correlate with some strange off the wall water retention... not all the time, but if I retained water that day, my feet would itch.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here