Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sweating (like a faucet) when gardening?!!!

Posted by piksi_hk (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 25, 06 at 21:31

Everytime I walk outside this summer (of course, it doesn't help that I'm in zone 9, hot and humid!) even for 1 min., I'm drench in sweat. Sweat comes pouring down my head, nose, and chest...What do you do? It is awfully embaressing when I talk to people and I'm dripping sweat.
I also have hot flashes and night sweats...and a tummy bulge even though I've had a hysterectomy for fibroids and enlarged uterus.
Thanks for listening.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sweating (like a faucet) when gardening?!!!

Are you on hormones after the hysterectomy? Did they leave the ovaries? Sounds like menopause to me! I take progesterone cream for the sweating... I don't know about the tummy bulge... exercise is the only thing I know for that.... it can only get worse if you don't.

o

Hoooweeee Piksi, I can relate to that! Thought I'd go out the other morning and sit and have my coffee. Well, I noticed I needed to do some weeding, so I started weeding my garden, and the next thing I knew, I was DRIPPING with sweat!
This hot flash thing is really annoying! A neighbor stopped by to talk and there I am looking like I just came out of the shower---that's another thing-I go in and take a shower and by the time I dry off, I need another one from sweating so much!! YUK!!!
Just thought you might like to know that you are not alone!!!

o

I've always sweated alot, but it definitely worsened in perimenopause. Have you ever seen Saturday Night Live, or some other comedy show, when they would show someone sweating too much.......and the water would just pour from under their hat? Well that's what I look like! It's unbelieveable. I've learned too, to drink tons of water before I go out in the heat. I've lost my sense of thirst, so it's important to just do it, even when I'm not thirsty. Unfortunately......then I have to pee all the time!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here