Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Menopause

Posted by smileyrose (aredrose@hotmail.co.uk) on
Thu, Aug 17, 06 at 18:32

I'm really worried about going through the menopause I've heard so many bad stories about it. I don't have any symptems yet and hopefully I wont for a number of years however I'd like to know how I'll know when I'm actually having the menopause, is there be an obvious sign?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Menopause

Don't worry... it can be a pain, for SOME people... some sail right through! :o) Everyone is totally different... I had one friend who couldn't figure out why she was crying all the time and having anxiety attacks.... then the sweating started, then it was obvious.
I don't have anxiety attacks.... thank goodness! I tend to get a little angry quickly though.... homicidal is more like it... more of a pain for those around me than me! :D
I figured it out when I was watering my garden, it was 70 which is almost winter temps for me, and I was sweating from my head PROFUSELY, I mean it was dripping from my chin. I was wondering.... then *ding* menopause occurred to me! yup! If it's a BIG problem, there are many things to do about it. I wouldn't go back actually... I LIKE being my age, and menopause is just a bump in the road, a little sign that I am not a teeniebopper anymore, thank goodness!

o

Well I still have a few more teeny bopper years to go. Although I don't have any immediate plans to have any more children I heard not so long ago that women can carry on giving birth right into their 50's without going through the menopause!

It seems a shame really that my partner divorced me before I even got to the menopause stage when I could have given him some 'real' hell and LOL really given him a good reason to divorce me! :D:D:D

Oh well, I guess he'll never know what the bad times were really like!;)

~Thanks for your reply.

SmileyRose

o

Well, you should worry, that is if you have depresson or some sort of emotional problem. Remember, there are some prescription drugs that help, and herbs like soy and black cohosh. I don't like precription drugs, but their there if you need them. Take care of your health, whatch what you eat, we are being poisioned in this country you know. No, I'm not nuts, just look into it and you'll see that they are putting weird hormones in our milk, pesticides on our food, the water is ruined. Believe me, a lot of these problems come for what man has done to our earth, and because of what the FDA considers FOOD. :) Arum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here