Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peri, Gastric ulcers, gerd...

Posted by nolongernewyork (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 15, 07 at 17:32

OMG! I am on the ride of my life! After almost a year or 22 day periods I finally made it back to 28 day and then all these gastro problems come up. H. Pylori ulcer, GERD,something that appears to be IBS, constant nausea, burning stomach, intestines never, ever feel "clean". I'll be 45 in a few weeks, am a widowed Mom of 3 girls (14 YIKES, and twin 10 year olds). I have ovulation pain today that I have to sit on the side of the chair to type because my rectum feels so full and pained from the constipation I get with it. Through it all I stil managed to paint the playroom today :) I actually did good for a few months untill about 5 weeks ago.
Is there (and I KNOW there is) anyone out there that can tell me that they made it through all this and was able to leave the muscle and joint pains behind as well!!?!?? I'd like to get off this rollercoaster again...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peri, Gastric ulcers, gerd...

I dont know about h.pylori ulcer, but I fight gerd and ibs. I had a bad bout with it acouple of months ago, it started with fresh cherries. I have a passion for them. At first I thought it would pass, literally! But it stirred everything up. I suppose someone did a colonoscopy on you, I hope! If not please insist. I had to alter not only what I ate but how much and when. The joint pains and muscle pains usually go away by mid Starbucks in the am. I have been checked for Fibermyaglia, have you? I dont have enough POINTS whatever that means. Good luck to you, you sound like a great mom. Take care of yourself. let us know how it go. Insist on a colonoscopy.....

o

Hi nolongernewyork,
I developed fibromyalgia just as I was starting perimenopause. It makes me wonder if the two are VERY interconnected. I'm 57 and haven't had a period in 3 years, but have TONS of muscle and joint aches. I had horrible GERD and IBS during perimenopause, but fortunately, it has calmed down.
One thing I learned was that people who are treated for h. pylori, actually can develop alot of heartburn after the treatment. I think there's something about having that infection that keeps you from having heartburn.
I'm also learning that our GI tracts are extremely important to our well being. Do a search on healing your GI tract naturally, and you'll learn lots about it.
Make a food diary and see if you have developed some intolerances to certain foods. I know I can't eat much dairy anymore.
Try to cut down on your carbs and especially sugar. I've heard one theory that GERD is caused by a diet of too many carbs. When we eat more than we can digest, it ferments and leads to GERD. And caffeine can make alot of your pain and GI problems worse.
I think its a good thing to look up treatment for fibromyalgia, because perimenopause can have symptoms just like it.
Gosh......your plate is sooooooo full!! I'm sure you hadn't planned on raising your 3 kids by yourself.
Hang in there!

o

NOLONGERNEWYORK-constipation IS ONE OF THE SIGNS YOU MAY BE STARTING MENOPAUSE OR YOU COULD BE HAVING THYROID PROBLEMS. I BACK IN JANUARY I FOUND OUT MY ESTROGEN WAS LOW I HAD BEEN HAVING NAUSEA AND A TON OF OTHER SYMPTOMS THEY TESTED ME FOR H PYLORIA BUT IT CAME OUT NEGATIVE .BUT AFTER READING MANY OF THE ENTRIES ON THIS WEB SITE IT LOOKS LIKE MENOPAUSE IS PROBABLY GIVING ME NAUSEA .
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR YOUR GYN TO HAVE THEM CHECK YOU OUT

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here