Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm new, want some sympathy ...

Posted by
gigi-f
(gw:gigi-f) on
Thu, Aug 31, 06 at 17:26

Hi all. I'm Gigi, live in Southern California (Orange County), I'm 46 and according to my doctor, menopause is here! And I really need to vent, feel free to ignore me if I'm out of line here.

Anyway, I seem to (so far) be doing sort-of ok, except, well, IT'S TOO BLASTED HOT! Every minute, everywhere I go, everything I do, I feel like I'm in an oven. I know this is because of the menopause, and it's probably "normal".

I have always liked the temperature a bit colder than everyone else, but in the last year, I am more comfortable at around 68-70 degrees. I can't seem to sleep when it's hotter than that, and everyone else wants 78-80 degrees (like, at work). I try to be pleasant, I know 68-70 is colder than most people like it, and I haven't been able to find anything that helps.

Taking off layers of clothing has not helped. Herbal stuff has not helped. Carrying a spray bottle of ice water has not helped. Diet and exercise changes has not helped. Because of other health concerns, and mostly because of $$$ and my insurance being stupid, I'm not a good candidate for hormones to help me out (I'm starting to think I should go to a new Dr, not tell them anything and get the pills anyway and if I die, so what?).

AND I AM SICK AND TIRED OF BEING IN AN OVEN SO EVERYONE ELSE CAN BE COMFORTABLE!

I just really had to say that before I explode and bite someone's head off. Thanks for letting me vent.

Gigi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm new, want some sympathy ...

yeah... it can be miserable... but WINTER'S COMING! :o) I live with a guy, born and bred in Sacramento who should have been born in Alaska... so I can sympathize (not for myself who likes it warmer). I take an over the counter cream "Before and After" Meno cream... it's a progesterone cream... helps a lot, but I don't know if it'll help with the need to live in a refrigerator, but maybe with the frustration? :o) I talked to my gyno, and the cream is really good stuff, she's checked it out... not like the cream that's under the counter and dosed for anti-pregnancy.
I hope it gets somewhat more tolerable for you before you resort to homicide. :D Homicide is NOT good! :D Well...wait a minute.... jail, they keep jail cold for you. :D

o

• Posted by
    gigi-f
    (gw:gigi-f) on
    Fri, Sep 1, 06 at 11:35

I can't tell you how wonderful it was to come in and see ... someone here responded kindly, and helpfully. I went home yesterday and thought "Oh, man, I'm such a b**ch, those people don't deserve that, I shouldn't have sent that, I'll have to apologize". So, I'm sorry if I started out on the wrong foot here, or if my rant upset, offended, annoyed, or whatever anyone.

I will look for the "Before and After" cream. I don't remember ever seeing it, but if it helps with this rising resentment, anger, irritation, b**chiness, it'll be worth its weight in gold! Thank you so much.

Gigi

P.S. - actually, jails don't have any climate controls here in California (I know someone in one). Sometimes, they get fans, but air conditioning and the like are just right out.

o

Oh! :o) Well... My informant ended at the county jail. :D
it does help ME with the b*tchiness... sometimes... but you can find various posts on various forums where I've 'let 'er rip' :D Poor people! It helped a lot with the homicidal feelings while driving. But I am TRYING to practice my breathing... better than homicide I guess.

o

Hi Gigi,
I can sympathize with you!!!! I take a shower, go to dry my hair, and I'm standing there sweating-in need of another shower! I feel like my thermostat's always on HOT!!! I've tried over-the counter-stuff but nothing seems to help. I was on Premarin but took myself off.
I have fans on all day to keep cool cause hubby won't turn the AC on. It's a nightmare!!1

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here