SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gigi_f

I'm new, want some sympathy ...

gigi-f
17 years ago

Hi all. I'm Gigi, live in Southern California (Orange County), I'm 46 and according to my doctor, menopause is here! And I really need to vent, feel free to ignore me if I'm out of line here.

Anyway, I seem to (so far) be doing sort-of ok, except, well, IT'S TOO BLASTED HOT! Every minute, everywhere I go, everything I do, I feel like I'm in an oven. I know this is because of the menopause, and it's probably "normal".

I have always liked the temperature a bit colder than everyone else, but in the last year, I am more comfortable at around 68-70 degrees. I can't seem to sleep when it's hotter than that, and everyone else wants 78-80 degrees (like, at work). I try to be pleasant, I know 68-70 is colder than most people like it, and I haven't been able to find anything that helps.

Taking off layers of clothing has not helped. Herbal stuff has not helped. Carrying a spray bottle of ice water has not helped. Diet and exercise changes has not helped. Because of other health concerns, and mostly because of $$$ and my insurance being stupid, I'm not a good candidate for hormones to help me out (I'm starting to think I should go to a new Dr, not tell them anything and get the pills anyway and if I die, so what?).

AND I AM SICK AND TIRED OF BEING IN AN OVEN SO EVERYONE ELSE CAN BE COMFORTABLE!

I just really had to say that before I explode and bite someone's head off. Thanks for letting me vent.

Gigi

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH