SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindy57_gw

Fluffy Uterus

cindy57
10 years ago

LOL yup had my Hysteroscopy, D&C and Biopsy Monday. Should get my Biopsy results Thursday from the Doctor. One of the nurses in the Surgery Center let it slip that they found my Uterus lining to be Fluffy. Huh? never heard of that. I went in for the above procedures due to thickened uterine lining. I looked it up on the internet and low and behold there is really a condition called "Fluffy uterus"

Any one else here on this Forum ever heard of it?

Comments (2)

• Lucinda52
    10 years ago

Hi Cindy, My first post here. I was just told today that I'm officially in menopause. More on that later....having all the wonderful symptoms.
    In answer to your question about a fluffy uterus. I'm a new graduate nurse and a former birth doula. I've heard the term "fluffy" used in L&D to mean an overweight mom. I have a large uterus.... have had since my 3rd child was born and he's 23. So I'm going to say that in this instance they are meaning your uterus is large. I had a D&C, hysteroscopy, and multi polypectomy a year ago this August 31st. All turned out well.
    Am I to understand that all this came about after you began using Estrace and had some bleeding? I've not had a period in 3 months and my dr just put me on it today. Have gone the whole BHRT (progesterone for 2 years, Vivelle Dot for only 6 months)
    Thinking good thoughts that all will turn out well! How are you feeling?

• cindy57
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lucinda 52 - thanks for the info. This makes sense to me. My complaint was periodic spotting for the last several years. Finally asked for an ultrasound and it came back that uterine lining was thicker than normal. I am post menopausal and have been using Estrace, Femring, Estring for vaginal atrophy for last 7 years. I was also on BC for 30 years prior to that and only had slight periods. So sounds like "fluffy" is just slang for thick (big) uterus caused from not proper shedding of the lining. Will get my biopsy results tomorrow and hopefully all will be good. My only question now is, will this happen again and shouldn't I have been taking progesterone along with all the estrogen these past 7 years. Questions for my Dr I guess.

Sorry to hear you are entering into that dreaded menopausal state. :-)

Sponsored