SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
landygirl

Ovulation Pain

landygirl
17 years ago

I know there have been a few posts on here about this subject but I need reassurance at the moment so hope you can help.

I have experienced ovulation pain since I was a teenager, am now 45, and it usually lasted 24-48 hours.

I would get a sharp stabbing pain in lower right abdomen shooting up to top of hip whenever I stood up, sat down, walked other than very gently and worse of all just before I urinated. It would build up to unbearable then go away.

In last 8 months my cycle has become irregular anything from 20-33 days long and my ovulation pain starts on day 5 of my cycle as a mild stabbing pain in lower right abdomen that slowly builds up until by day 10 its agony and carried on till day 14.

I have over the years been admitted to hospital twice with suspect appendix/ovarian cyst with this pain and ultrasounds have shown nothing amiss with appendix or ovaries.

Two months ago I was in pain for so long that I visited my GP who examined me and when she pressed left! ovary I got excrutianting pain in right side so she said ovary was def tender but normal size, she said unless I was willing to take hormones to suppress ovulation nothing could be done other than suffer!

I am going to go back to her and ask for another ultrasound scan of ovaries etc as I am frightened that somehting is amiss.

It doens't help that a distant relative is undergoing treatment for ovarian cancer!!!!!!!!

Would help tremendously to know I am not alone in suffering like this and any suggestions on how to ask my Gp for the scan.

Comments (11)

Sponsored