Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is 43 too young?

Posted by patti06 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 3, 06 at 13:36

I'm 43 and had a tubal 19 years ago. I'm the first woman in my mothers family to hit 40 with uterus and ovaries intact. I'm experiencing my first missed period and I'm curious as to whether it's too early to get excited thinking that this may be the beginning of the end?! The end of tampons and pads, the end of my monthly visitor (who has gone on vacation with my husband and I for the last 5 years -- even when she's had to adjust her schedule). Is it to early to wish/hope/wonder?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is 43 too young?

Nope, not too young at all. Average age for menopause in the U.S. is around 50, with perimenopause for several years (some sources say up to 10 years) beforehand.

Just remember that women in their 40's have one of the highest (or is it the highest?) rates of unplanned pregnancy.:)

o

• Posted by
    mrs.micki
    (gw:mrs.micki) on
    Sun, Aug 27, 06 at 22:05

Patti , I've been going through it for about 1 maybe 1 and a half years now, and I'm only 39 years old. The doctor told me it was normal for women who have their tubes to go through early menopause. Of course he didn't tell me before I had them tied. Let's see keep legs closed or sweat like pig and feel like lightning is going through body, probaly would have chose first one if I knew this is what it was going to be like. Not that it would have made a difference of when menopause was coming. My blessing and prayers to you and yours. Has anyone had worse pms after they have started peri-menopause, I just can't stand myself .

o

I'm 46 and started perimenopause at 41. My last period was July of 2003, when I was 43. Never had my tubes tied but I was run over by a car at age three and doctors thought I might never have kids (I have 3!) so that may have affected my ovaries slightly. It was easy menopause, no hot flashes or extreme mood swings. I love not having to worry about Aunt Flo!

o

• Posted by
    mrs.micki
    (gw:mrs.micki) on
    Thu, Sep 7, 06 at 15:52

Okay IAMLOVED we are here to support each other not gloat, ha-ha. Only hope I can be so lucky, not to bad yet just many different things going on in and with my body.If I can get through the mood changes everything and everyone will be just fine.

o

well I learned something as to why I started all this at 38 -39 years old. I had my tubes done at 19. I am now almost 45 and have bled for the last two weeks. I am moody too and sometimes everything and I do mean EVERYTHING gets on my nerves. I am glad to have stumbled across this particular forum and thank you ladies for your info. I wish you all the best and may God bless! You have made me feel better.

o

I was told by my female doctor that most women go thru changes for about 10 years BEFORE they actualy reach menopause. I know I did.
Now I am 50 and the hot flashes started when I was 48 and in a very stressful job. I have not found menopause to be unbearable so far, and I have found that exercise and meditation does help tremendously.
I do often get stressed so I try to garden or just have some 'me' time.
I keep reminding myself that this is a normal thing to go thru, but I will sure we glad when it is over!!

o

I am 43 and I was told at 41 that I was peri-menopausal. Yesterday my doctor read my blood test results and told me I am IN menopause - not entering into it. She took more tests because she said my levels are so high she doubts I have to worry about birth control ever again. I was devistated. I just got married and my husband has never had any children. I have 3 sons, never tied my tubes and never experienced any trauma outside of natural birth and c-section. How can this be happening?

o

"How can this be happening?"

"this" happens to all women, whenever your body is ready.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here