Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HRT; How long until I feel some relief?

Posted by kim0201 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 20, 06 at 13:08

I've been diagnosed as having hit menopause & of course I'm experiencing most of the symptoms. After almost a year of these symptoms, I finally asked my doctor to prescribe an HRT for me. He prescribed Activelle & I've been taking it about a week. Any idea how long until I might begin to feel some relief from menopause symptoms? Certainly hope this one works for me. I've heard friends talk about having to try several before finding an HRT which worked for them. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HRT; How long until I feel some relief?

I always thought 2 months was about right. I know that probably depresses you. But hormones are powerful things that make big changes, and it takes your body about 2 months to incorporate the hormones. You'll probably feel some changes before then, but good or bad, you should give it a 2 months run before deciding for sure.

o

I had the same problem,and I want to a health store and had a good talk we the person in chager.She said there were a few things that will help you so I tied the produit she told me to and it worked for me,and I also went to an acuponter.It took a few times and now my hot flashes are all most gone.So the only thing I can say is "give it a try it can't hurt you"

Good luck

o

Thanks catherinet & moumine_2006:

I've waited this long for some relief; a few more weeks won't be bad. I was lucky to get about 50 days worth from the Dr in free samples so by that time I should know if this HRT is right for me. Wondering if I might experience more energy; I'm hopeful. I don't know if it's so much that menopause is zapping my energy, but possibly not sleeping well thru the night is the culprit. At any rate, I'm about 10 days into it and I'll remain hopeful. Thanks again for the advice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here