Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How long will this go on

Posted by hotpot (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 12, 08 at 12:19

Does anyone know how to determine how far you are in menopause and when it will end. I have been going through this awful change for five years. I am at the end of my rope. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How long will this go on

Sometimes you can get sort of an idea by having your estrogen and FSH levels drawn. A low FSH might suggest you still have a ways to go.
Everyone is different. Hang in there!

o

I would definitely have my dr pull some labs to see where you stand. Even being post menopause, you can still experience symptoms and this can last as long as 10 years in some cases. Geeze,,,kill us! lol

o

Hello, My FSH is 5.2 and I have all the symptoms, and all normal labs to rule stuff out. I have no clue, if it doesn't end soon I gonna crack up!

o

Thank you to all that responded, I will have my doc check, but I feel like it is going to be along road Thanks ladies.

o

Recent news was up to 8 years (Dr. Oz or Roizen sp?). But symptoms can subside and flare up again during this time. Hope you are on the "short" list!

o

Try 11 years. I can't wait for these hot flashes and flushes
to be over. They started at age 44 and at 55 they are still
going strong. When will they end?!

o

I started HRT in 2007 for the hot flashes. My GYN wants me to wean myself off them, but she said wait for the cool weather! I'll bet the hot flashes come back with a vengenance.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here