Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sudden insomnia!!

Posted by TinaL (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 3, 11 at 11:28

I am 48 years old and am having the some issues with sudden insomnia..can't fall asleep at all even with otc sleeping pills. Is this normal and is there anything else i can do? I saw my OBGYN yesterday and she was pretty cold about the whole situation and offered little advice or help..maybe I should switch doctors!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sudden insomnia!!

I am taking Remifemin Nighttime and it has helped me sleep. My naturopathic doctor told me to try it because I was turning into a zombie from the lack of sleep. It took about six weeks to kick in. You should be able to find it at your local health food store or at someplace like Whole Foods. I get my through VitaCost.com. I hope it works for you if you try it.

o
RE: Sudden insomnia!!

Thanks for the information. I tried Melatonin, it helped a little but I still could not get to sleep, I was groggy but not enough to actually fall asleep with it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here