SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynne_wales

Palpitations - how often?

lynne_wales
14 years ago

Found this site a few months ago when looking for info on possible causes of palpitations. Started having them in June 2008, very minor & occasional, accompanied by tiredness. Diagnosed with low thyroid levels in October 2008 & thought that this could be the cause. However they returned in May 2009, getting gradually worse over several days(loud rather than fast with an odd jump every now and then)finally resulting in nausea, a prickling feeling all over my scalp and in my arms and chest. This scared me enough to send me to A&E where they kept me in over night and referred me for an echocardiograph. This showed that all was normal however I still have no explanation for the palpitations etc. I've experienced them a few times a month since May including several more noticeable attacks which have caused me to sit up for 3 hours at a time over night (not good when the next day is a work day!) and have been tying it in with my cycle which led me to believe that it may be hormonal (I'm 47). I'm off to the doctor again next week (still waiting for an appointment from the hospital following my earlier referral) to see whether I can get any more information as August has been the month from hell. Instead of occasional palpitations they started in week 2 and have been with me almost constantly since i.e. over 3 weeks. This has been no fun at all as I went on a family holiday to Greece with my husband and son and had a couple of severe attacks which again, surprise, surprise, scared me especially since I was not at home. I've been home 4 days and apart from about a six hour break when they eased slightly they have been almost constant with one more incidents of nausea, prickling & headaches. My period was also a 7-8 days early this month.

Anyway - has anybody else experienced this sort of pattern & symptoms with palpitations & nausea etc. progressing from intermittent to almost constant?

I'd also like to thank everyone for sharing their experiences as sometimes at 3am when I've been feeling really ropey it's the only thing that has kept me sane!!

Comments (14)

Sponsored