Return to the Menopause Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My take on HRT

Posted by cheerful1 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 22, 06 at 9:50

I'm in menopause, but not taking anything yet for the symptoms. I hear so many bad things about HRT. If what the HRT is doing is merely replacing what you are losing/have lost, I don't understand the concern. Am I missing something here?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My take on HRT

From what I understand, it's the SYNTHETIC hormones that can sometimes cause problems, especially with long term use. Studies have shown NATURAL hormones are tolerated better. Many natural hormones are made from plants, which are then scientically altered to match our bodies cells so they are accepted as our own. And it's important for the right balance, even with the natural ones.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Menopause Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here